38 and WTT #2

Rachael1981

Proud Mummy to Isobel xx
Reaction score
So as the thread title suggests, I'm 38 (just) and we are WTT for #2. OH is 44. I was on BnB when I was WTT/TTC/pregnant with DD who will be 7 in April so going to be quite a gap. Anyone with a similar gap WTT and want to be buddies?

Hi Rachel! My first daughter will be 7 in June. While we aren’t trying for our second( she came 2 years ago) we are in the wwt for #3. We are waiting until July. When are you waiting until?

Hi Rachael, I`d love to wait with you and be your buddy.
My DD will be 5 in July and we too are WTT end of May start of June for #2.
I am 31 and Hubby 32 in June.
What's your reasons for the wait. Ours is due to due dates (November, December, January) and also and most importantly commitments we both have coming up over the next few months. Just wouldn't be practical to be pregnant :)

What are your cycles like and did you fall quite quickly last time?

I am very regular with a 32day cycle length give or take a few cycles. It did however take us well over a year to almost 18 months to fall pregnant with our now DD with a MMC at 11weeks + 3days in between
We had been ttc for the past few months but nothing happened so put it on hold till May/June

Last edited:
We are waiting because my OH is on methotrexate for arthritis and he has to be off it at least 3 months before we can TTC. The reason for the gap between#1 and #2 is because he said he didn't want another and that has only recently changed. The last couple of years have also been very stressful with his mum being poorly and then passing so a new baby wasn't on the agenda.

My cycles are around 30 days give or take. It took 7 months to fall pregnant with DD but I'm hoping that as I will have been off birth control for a while when we TTC it might be quicker this time

If am honest my Hubby still isnt 100% on board with try for #2. I have said I don't want the age gap being much larger and if it takes the same sort of time to get pregnant as last time, our DD will be over 6 by the time baby comes. Here's to our wait I suppose.
I am not on anything at the moment just using the pull out method, risky I know but I see it as little risk given Husbands self control. I am currently CD 27 and AF due in 6 days. Meaning 2-3 more periods to go whoop whoop. Where are you up to in your cycle

I never wanted a big gap either but there was no way of changing his mind so I just left it until a couple of weeks ago when I said DD really wants a baby brother and he said that maybe we should. Never been so surprised!

I think AF is due in about a week but not sure as I've not paid much attention for a long time now :lol:

Hahaha we could be cycle buddies too. Here's hoping we both fall pregnant quickly.

Haha we could be. Here's hoping it happens quickly for us both. The cycle I fell pregnant with DD I used a CBFM after months of nothing so I've ordered one in preparation :blush:

I've just looked up CBFM. Is it a clear blue fertility monitor,? quite costly, where did you get yours. I am currently using opk but simply just to see if my app is quite accurate to when I am O-ing.
How you feeling about the wait, am actually quite excited again. Especially as we're in this together :D

Edited"just checked eBay and there on there would you use a second hand one. Not sure how you use it so could it be cleaned enough to be sterile & ok for second hand use"

Last edited:
I got it on eBay. You buy single use test sticks which it reads and tells you whether it is a low, high or peak chance of getting pregnant. The data can be deleted so it can be used from one person and then someone else, you just need to buy the test sticks once you have the monitor.

I'm super excited to TTC. For some reason my body and mind has gone into overdrive and I'm absolutely desperate for :sex: :blush:

Still waiting for :witch: to show. Did :sex: last night so feeling a little less crazy, for now at least :loopy:

AF is due for me Sunday/Monday. My hubby is just annoying me at the min so defo not in the mood. He kinda always does this time of the month poor thing he's grown used to me & my ever changing hormones #-o

Has AF arrived for you yet or still waiting. Also has you CBFM arrived and will you be testing in the weeks your WTT or once the 3 month count downs over.
I am feeling very dizzy, a little sicky and grumpy. I suspect AF is just round the corner for me.

No AF yet but she is lurking I'm sure. Feeling crampy like I do when she is on her way. My CBFM arrived a couple of days ago and I will use whilst WTT so it can get used to my cycles and we can avoid my fertile times

Any sign of :witch:?

Nothing here yet still feeling crampy like she is imminent though

I've started spotting so sure shell show up full force in the morning x best way for me or us to look at it only 2 more AF to go after this one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->