38 weeks, anyone else working until your due date or baby arrives

With my first baby, I worked till I went into labor. Wasn't bad at all. I DID go into labor at 38w2d, so you're already at that point.

Fair play to you. I'm 30+2 and counting own until I find already. I teach primary and starting to struggle!!

Overdue and still working! Lol my job is incredibly easy though, I'm thankful I'm working otherwise I'd go crazy at home waiting for LO to show up...its making me so anxious as it is!

Yep! I'm glad I am; makes me get up and move around during the day! I can't imagine just sitting at home waiting for it to start

I am. I have the option to work from home so thats my plan. I won't be going into the office once I get closer to my due date. I'm 31 weeks today.

Yah I have to work up until I go into labor. I'm hoping I at least don't go into labor at work.

Me! Though I'm praying it happens soon because I am very cranky which isn't good when you have to deal with patients all day (who are equally as cranky).

Me pretty much - I have a c-section booked for 8th July. Thinking about working until the 4th but will see how it goes.

Last time I had my baby at 35+5 so I never had that 'mat leave' experience before baby arrived! xxx

Working till my due date! Wish I wasn't though! Oh well, could be worse!

I really hope not but its looking that way as I'm self employed and also work with in laws :(
Would love to be counting down to a few weeks of chilling out before baby arrives

I'm working till my due date (well 3 days before, the 24th is a Friday which would be my last day and I'm due the 27th). I'm miserable and having trouble coping, but for financial reasons I don't have another choice :/

I am scheduled to have a csection on a Monday morning. I plan to work through the Friday before. I did the samething last time (on induction turned c section on Tuesday) and for me it was fine- but I have a job is not physically strenuous at all and really understanding employers. The worst part was that by that last week or so I had given away most of my work so I sat on the internet all day with little else to do! But I would rather be bored at work (getting paid and not using mat leave that can be saved for after LO arrives) that sitting at home bored and just waiting for something to start. Just my opinion!

I'm working till LO makes his grand arrival! Also at 38 weeks right now and my mind is anywhere but the office. However, if I take off early I'm wasting valuable leave that I'd rather have with my baby. Thank you, U.S. Maternity Law . . .

I'm starting my actual mat leave on my due date, but taking 2 weeks leave just before then so I'll be finishing work at 38 weeks.

Thats the plan so far anyway! I'm 27 weeks and my mind is not in this office so god knows what I'll be like by 38 weeks!

yep, I'm with the other U.S. pregos who are working as long as possible in order to have more time after with the baby. I worked up until I induced with my first.... well sort of. I had an induction Mon night / Tues morning and last day was probably the Friday prior? Haaaaate getting up and dressed for work and coming in, but then helps the day go by when I'm at work. I think I'd get too bored at home. Or completely wore out if I kept my toddler home from daycare! My weekends are the 'hard' part of the week!

My due date is a Thursday, and I've committed to work through that Friday if baby hasn't arrived by then. They know that I may come in for an hour or two here and there to give me something to do if I still haven't had the baby, but that Friday is the last day they're COUNTING on my being here if baby hasn't come.

I work in a pretty relaxed environment, and they're happy to be flexible with me. I'm also planning to only take four weeks COMPLETELY off, after which point I'll be coming in the evenings (with the baby) to work a few hours here and there to keep up with some select clients' needs.

I am too. Only 30 weeks and can't imagine 10 more weeks of work... all of you make me think I can make it though! Thanks!

I'm working till my due date (well 3 days before, the 24th is a Friday which would be my last day and I'm due the 27th). I'm miserable and having trouble coping, but for financial reasons I don't have another choice :/

Yea, i am 25th so I am thinking 24th hang it up too...then I officially worked until due date...some days I feel good, others not so good...I feel my age lately..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->