38 weeks, anyone else working until your due date or baby arrives

I'm working till LO makes his grand arrival! Also at 38 weeks right now and my mind is anywhere but the office. However, if I take off early I'm wasting valuable leave that I'd rather have with my baby. Thank you, U.S. Maternity Law . . .

Thats exactly how I feel...but getting tired

I worked till within a week of having my last two, my work is generous for the us as they give me a total of 24 possible weeks off...but you only get paid before baby if your doc signs you off, and right now, I'm feeling great so far, other than tired. So I'm working for at least another month...

Whether I work full-time or not until the end will depend... like last night I overdid it at an event, so now having to take a half day today... so exhausted that I'm having to avoid people in order to get out of here before I make mistakes!

I'm due on the 27th but planning to come in that week if baby isn't here . . . and debating coming in the next week if he still isn't here, but that might be tough.

I'm due on the 27th but planning to come in that week if baby isn't here . . . and debating coming in the next week if he still isn't here, but that might be tough.

Yea, it hasn't been tough for me until the past two days, days are long...but I couldn't imagine just sitting at home and waiting.

My doc believes getting out and moving really helps progress things too...I sure hope so...lets get this show on the road!

nope!!! with hols to take before mat leave I will be finished at 35 weeks, just 2 weeks and 2 days left woohoo :) ( in Ireland you have to start mat leave 2 weeks before due date )

Oh I would love to be FORCED to take mat leave at 38 weeks! As it is, I don't really need to take off completely yet. So I was thinking half days when I'm having a rough day. But I did that the other day and came back the next day to a TONNNN of work and it was totally stressful and awful!! And the half day? The morning was awful because I was so exhausted and not wanting to be there and made mistakes etc. So was just bad all around! I did love napping the afternoon and being all rested that evening for family time with DH and dd!! I could stop at 39 weeks... but then would I be incredibly bored or anxious? Will not having anything to do make me feel totally bored? I can see feeling too tired to get out of bed and the day just dragging without a reason to have to get up. My mom is coming though around 39 weeks... so maybe then would be fun because I'd have company!! I hate being alone all day! But I'd rather be at work than take daughter out of daycare and stay home with her... THAT would be too exhausting ha!

I'm working till my due date (well 3 days before, the 24th is a Friday which would be my last day and I'm due the 27th). I'm miserable and having trouble coping, but for financial reasons I don't have another choice :/

Yea, i am 25th so I am thinking 24th hang it up too...then I officially worked until due date...some days I feel good, others not so good...I feel my age lately..

That's next Friday for us though, which means only 5 more working days! (If you're off weekends, that is lol)

I've always worked unit the bitter end. I couldn't waste any time on myself, I would feel too guilty. But, I am so looking forward to a 3 month vacation from work when this LO decides to arrive. I've joked that the time off is my whole reason for getting pregnant a 3rd time! Plus, my older 2 will be out of school for the summer so I am really looking forward to spending the summer with them :)

Yea mat leave is our big break off until retirement!! I will enjoy it!! DH was saying other day how blessed we are financially and I said well not blessed enough or I wouldn't be having to go back to work!!!!! Ha.

I've always worked unit the bitter end. I couldn't waste any time on myself, I would feel too guilty. But, I am so looking forward to a 3 month vacation from work when this LO decides to arrive. I've joked that the time off is my whole reason for getting pregnant a 3rd time! Plus, my older 2 will be out of school for the summer so I am really looking forward to spending the summer with them :)

Me too! I am taking from labor to Sept 15th!

I trained my temp yesterday, so what the heck, bring on the baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->