38 weeks midwife appointment

caroline_uk

Reaction score
my midwife visited me today and could not feel the head low down. she was prodding bump for ages. she said baby could have turned or lowered further into my pelvis but surely i would feel it as im walking?? i dont feel as though im gonna go into labour anytime soon and baby is still very active. im being refered to hospital on friday for a scan to check babies position. for some reason im scared and pissed off. if shes turned, i hope she can turn back. i dont want a c section!! ive been soing so much bouncing on my ball and walking, surely she cant have turned. anyone else have this problem??

U poor thing! Hope its just that the head is so far down!!! Just realised u r due the day after me and probably the same hospital too!!!! lol

im really hoping shes lower. maybe the midwife is useless lol u going to colchester hospital then?? x

Lets hope it is a useless MW, at least u'll get to see your baby again at the scan. I live in clacton but will have the baby in Colchester, have u been for the hospital tour yet? We went a couple of weekends ago, the labour rooms and wards look nice (as they can do anyway!!!)

i got rushed into hospital once during the pregnancy coz of adominal pains so i asked midwife to show me around then. does look nice and im impressed by the various equipment we can use during the labour. the ropes look good lol im hoping to use the pool. have u had a good pregnancy? any signs yet?

I'm intrigued, the ropes???? My tour doesnt sound as good as the one u had! The funny thing about Colchester hospital is that u can no longer park at the top, so when in labour have to walk up from the car park!!!
I have had a good pregnancy so far, no major moans just swollen feet!!! The baby is engaged, and i have been having a few BH but thats it, strange that i am on alert all the time thinking it could be anytime now, but then it could be another 4 weeks!!!!
How about u? Any twinges? Have u had a good pregnancy?

the ropes are like maypole ropes (the ones dancers use lol) u can pull down on them and theres seats too.
pregnancy was fine up to 6months and then i got carpal tunnel syndrome with swelling in my hands, fat ankles and feet, very bad heartburn and spots around my neck. so its been pretty bad. luckily the stretch marks aint to bad, only have a couple at the moment. ive had a few braxton hixx and bad back. not really sure what im spose to feel when labour begins. just waiting for waters to break lol no signs yet though

OOOOh i'll have to look out for the ropes.
Sorry to hear u have had a rough time of it! u must be so desperate for your girl to arrive and your body can go back to normal!!! I have got a back support from mothercare which i find great, my back is the reason i am having the baby at colchester.
Its strange waiting for the labour, i go to bed each evening (usually feeling sick)thinking maybe tonight, but other than the waters breaking, nothing else seems to mean its a definite go!!!!
Have u found the MW care at colchester good? Clacton have been ok, but never seen the same MW twice!

some of them are nice and very out going. i have one main midwife but havent seen her since my first visit. theres about 6 others ive seen. its quite a small unit which is good so im sure ill have one at labour that ive met already. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->