39 weeks and still no baby name...normal?

BecksBabyB

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone in this position still? I'm team yellow so i didn't expect to have a name at this point but we have a couple of boy options but not really any 'definite' girl name. Is this normal? Will it be like people keep telling me...you'll know the name when you see the baby?

Anyone in this position or been in this position in a previous pregnancy?

Bx

Yup, us! Also team yellow, we have one boy name that we like and a girl name that hubbie really likes and is growing on me, but we haven't chosen by any means!

We hoped to have 3 names for each gender and when baby arrives we'll pick the one that suits him/her best, but it's much harder than I thought it would be to pick 3....

Do you have a shortlist?

Im team blue and we cant agree on a name :dohh: Were due on saturday, so im really hoping that when we meet him, we'll know... :haha:

x

We are team yellow too and just have agreed on boys and girls name (38 weeks...) but still struggling with the second name if it's a girl...
Lots of people keep telling me that when you look at the baby you know if the name suits but I'm afraid Baby has no choice, we only have one girls name and that will be it. No other option...

However, a friend of mine had a little girl and had always had 2 names chosen but ended up not naming the baby for 2 days after it was born until her husband came up with a completely new name...

It's much harder than I thought it would be, there are soooo many names so why is it so hard? We have 2 options for boys and my partner likes one for a girl which I'm not 100% happy with but I don't have any for a girl so may have to just make do. I always thought I'd just know...obviously that's not the case. I would love to have 3 of each to choose from on the day but at this rate it will be nameless!

X

we usually chose from our possibles during labour - gave us soemething to focus on and pass the time

Same here I'm 37.5 weeks and I've got a short list of girls names but its kind of getting longer :dohh: I don't know if I believe in names 'suiting' a newborn baby I think people grow into their names, so it makes no difference if you choose the name beforehand. However as we are still undecided I am hoping the sight of her will provide some kind of inspiration!

I have a list of boys names but will wait until my little man is born to see which name suits him best! (I started off with 3 main names but somehow it's grown to 6) lol.

My mom always told me, you will know when you see you're little girl!

with DS, his name was only chosen the day before he was born and I was overdue so...very normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->