3D/4D Ultrasound

WhaatToExpect

Reaction score
I just turned 30 weeks and I am too inpatient to see little Nathan, so I scheduled an appointment at Golden View Ultrasound. They did not tell me that I had to drink lots of water a week prior to my appointment. I started drinking more water then usual yesterday because I received an email reminding me of my appointment and that's where I read "make sure to drink lots of water a week before your appointment" and my appointment is today at 5:45!...I read that if you don't drink a lot of water your pictures won't come out very clear, so now I'm feeling a little upset because I want to see my baby clear. Did any of you mommas did the 3D ultrasound and saw your baby clear without drinking a lot of water?

I get a 3d scan at EVERY doctor appointment since 6 weeks on. My doctor is sono happy, lol. Anyways, I barely drink enough water and was never told to drink heaps amount of water before an ultrasound. I was always told to have something sweet 30 min beforehand so that the little baby would be active and not sleeping through its picture session.

I would NOT even worry about it. You WILL get clear images. Those warnings are blah blah to me. :flower:

Enjoy your picture day!

I've had 2 with bubba and was told to have a sugary drink about an hour before. Ours have always been lovely and clear. Enjoy your scan, there amazing! :)

I don't know whether it makes a difference or not. I have had clear pictures in both pregnancies without worrying about drinking extra water. But I have an anterior placenta and it often gets in the way of picture clarity. I had one last time as well.

I would feel at this stage, if I drank a bunch of water and then they pressed on my belly for the ultrasound, I'd just have to get up and pee or I'd end up peeing myself! I'd probably not risk it.

My dr from my previous pregnancy has 4d u/s in her clinic and switches to it at any time. Never drank water before my appointments and I wasn't told to. I just generally drank water to be able to pee in the cup for the dipstick but went to the dr on an empty bladder. I think the pics were alright.

I had a 4d scan and was told I didn't need more water. The sonographer said the photos we got were some of the clearest they'd ever seen. I wouldn't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->