3rd baby or not

lazybum09

mummy of 2
Reaction score
hi all,
I have a 4yr ds and a 7 yr old dd
I'm unsure on whether to try for a 3rd, I'm 32, 33 in June and would like some reassurance about the jump from 2 to 3 children and thinking that I'm too old 😕

I was here 4 years ago and it was an extremely supportive board

thank you

I was teetering on the transition from 2 to 3 as well. I've always wanted a big family though so we decided to go for it. Truth be told our third fit in like a book. I think the hardest part is making sure everyone gets enough attention.

Im expecting no.3, Im also the same age as you and personally didn't want to leave it any longer, my kids age gaps are already big, its just the way it worked out for us but as I got broody, and thought I could do it one more time I had to give it a go.

Good luck with whatever you decide x

thank you for your replies, I think a lot of my concerns come from whether I can cope with 3 children and whether they'd get enough attention. so many questions running through my mind,, going to ponder a bit more I think x

I found the decision to go from 2-3 really difficult; I was super broody and always wanted 3 children, but I fretted about whether it would upset the balance in our family, make things super difficult etc. We went for it and I now have a 5 year old, 3.5 year old and 15 month old. I love having 3 children, number 3 slotted in easily and it feels so right having 3 :)

For several months after the birth of my DD I struggled with the dilemma of "Should we have a 3rd?". I've discovered that if you're even considering having a 3rd, that should give you your answer right there. I realized that if I didn't want one I wouldn't even be thinking about it. It took a pregnancy scare last month for DH and I to both realize it though. Also you're definitely not too old, lol. My mother was 18 when she had her first child (me) and 37 or 38 when she had her 5th and final child (now 6 years old). I grew up in a big family (and by big I mean I'm #4 out of 10 between 2 sets of parents) and I can assure you it's not that bad, or at least it wasn't from my perspective. I've met plenty of people that regretted not going for that 3rd child but I've never met anyone that regretted having a 3rd.

I was in your situation this time last year, I have 2 dds aged 6 and 2 we kept going back and forth on whether we wanted another, I realised that if I was done I would know for sure and this niggling feeling there should be one more wouldn't go away. We decided to try for a year and if it was meant to be it would happen, well it took 6 months and I'm now pregnant with a baby boy, due at the end of April. I feel completely content knowing this will be the last baby, my girls reaction has been amazing - especially my eldest, always asking questions thinking of names, wanting to feel baby kick! I'm hoping he will just slot into family life when he arrives. Good luck with your decision

hi all,
I have a 4yr ds and a 7 yr old dd
I'm unsure on whether to try for a 3rd, I'm 32, 33 in June and would like some reassurance about the jump from 2 to 3 children and thinking that I'm too old 😕

I was here 4 years ago and it was an extremely supportive board

thank you

Hey :)You are almost 33 your hardly old especially not ancient as you seem to think :) If you want the third then why not? I am in the same boat am TTC in August this year, I have a 4 year old DD and an almost 6 year old DS. If you want to chat let me know! :hugs:

I have a 4 year old DS, an 18 month old DD and I have known so many pregnant people... my husband isn't sure if we should have a third talking about very sensible things like money and space and cars but I can't stop thinking I want one more baby.

I had a 3rd without hesisitaion. I love having 3, although yes your slightly outnumbered, very much so when your on your own but I wouldn't have it any other way. We're trying for our 4th now which I did heisitate on but I figured if I was thinking about it then I obviously did. No one ever regrets having a child. They truly are all a blessing! Xx

I'm the same. I'm 32 soon. We have two dd, aged 4 and 2. I work part time. Our youngest is at nursery whilst I work, the oldest is at school.
I've always wanted 3 children. My husband keeps changing his mind about it all. He is concerned about money and practicalities, which I understand. But I also know that I would always regret not trying for a third. I just don't feel like I'm 'done' yet.
I'm hoping we might start trying around October time.
Good luck with your decision xx

Life has taken a lot of unexpected turns and we have had family bereavement and my husband has had two operations within six months and needs another big surgery before Christmas so all thoughts of a baby have had to pause now I’ll be 40 if we finally get a chance to try in 2019

Try 6 kids at the age of 32.. yep. My youngest is not even 11 months yet and I'm 32 yrs old. They're all close in age. The only ones who are the furthest is my 5th to my 6th. She was 4 when I got pregnant with him. My first was 1 years old when I got pregnant w my 2nd and my 2nd was 1 years old when I got pregnant with my 3rd and my 3rd was 11 months old when I got pregnant with my 4th and the worst was my 4th was only 7 months when I got pregnant with my 5th. And the thing is I may be pregnant now. It isn't as hard as ppl say. You don't ignore one for the other. U can handle it.

Hey there :),
I also have 2 sons already (7,4yr old) and I've been going back and forth with the decision of having a third... DH was against the idea so I kinda stopped bugging. By the end of 2018 he just told me there and then that he wants a 3rd. He feels that a 3rd would complete our family and now he can't stop mentioning it. I'm now worrying about my other 2.. about how the addition of another little one will affect them, about how I'm going to cope with 3 and also about gender disappointment... I'm wishing for a girl after 2 boys.. In the end it's irrelevant as long as baby is healthy, but still.. It's funny how all these worries turn out when I finally have the chance to have another baby..

Hi

• i am in the same dilema! i found out i was pregnant in July however it wasnt planned and i was so shocked however when we went for scans the baby wasnt developing and i lost the baby, i have never gotten over this and now feel something is missing, my children never knew however are now asking for a baby! we moved 12 months ago into our dream home although only 3 bedroom the kids have big bedrooms and we all have our own bathroom, dressing room and garage so we do have room however something would have to change like one of them having to share changing my dressing room or converting garage and our house would no longer be perfect. my children are 8 and 5 so the gap is getting bigger and im 33 so getting older, my life is so much easier now, why would i want to disrupt our life?? the maternity pay rubbish all points to stop being selfish and stick with 2 i have 1 of each but i think about everyday i cant shake it! will i regret it if i dont or will i think what have i done when im up all night!? Anyone any advice? lazybum09 you made any decisions? xxx

I could have written your post! We have two girls, who will be 7 and 4 this year. I thought I was definitely done, and then these past few months I've been thinking about #3. DH is happy to stick at 2 but is happy to try for #3 (although he says that will definitely be our last :haha:) Sooo I think we are going to start trying for #3 in March!

I could have written your post! We have two girls, who will be 7 and 4 this year. I thought I was definitely done, and then these past few months I've been thinking about #3. DH is happy to stick at 2 but is happy to try for #3 (although he says that will definitely be our last :haha:) Sooo I think we are going to start trying for #3 in March!

hi

are you not scared of sleepless nights again? i keep thinking are we crazy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->