3rd lot of jabs this afternoon! *Update pg 3!*

Tabs

Mummy to Morgan & Niamh!
Reaction score
Like the title says, Morgan's got her 3rd and final set of jabs at 4.30pm! Got to admit, been really dreading this lot cuz of it being 3 needles!! So have managed to get OH to finish work early so he can come with us for some moral support!!

With the first two sets, she didn't seem to have any particular side effects, so I really hope we can get away with it this time too.... but somehow I have this gut feeling that she's gonna suffer a bit this time, especially as she's really going through it with her teething right now!

Doesn't help that I started to try to wean her off the Infant Gaviscon over the weekend (using one dose per bottle, instead of two!) and yesterday it caught up with her and we had projectile vomiting and screaming pain again! So we're back on the double doses again as of last night!

Wish us luck!!! I just know I'm gonna cry this time, even though I was brave the first two times!! :cry:

Good luck hunny, Ruby has hers last week and although they werent nice and she cried she was all smiles again by the time she got back in the waiting room. Hope they go ok for her, I was expecting Ruby to be more unsettled as like u say it is 3 instead of 2 but she actually was better than the others xx :hugs::hugs:

Goodluck Morgan i had mine this morning and i screamed the place down. I like you demanded Daddy be there as he didnt do the other ones and now i hate him instead of mummy lol. Hope your leggies are ok soon, mine are a little red but seem ok in myself so far.....
Lots of love from Tabs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Goodluck Tabs (lol still sounds weird)
Hope its not too bad for you watching her,its awful isnt it. Let us know how she gets on,
xxxxxxxx

hope it all went well hun. :hugs: jack was much better after his last lot xx it was the first ones that upset himxxx

My little chicken was very brave indeed, bless her cottons! And the nice nurse said that mummy and daddy were very brave too and gave all three of us stickers!!! :rofl:

She sobbed for about 10 minutes (but didn't scream like she did with the last lot!!) then calmed down and fell asleep til we got home. Then had a bottle, started getting really hot and grizzly so had some "baby crack"..... then within about 20 minutes she was laughing her socks off for about half an hour over nothing at all really (!!!) and is now fast asleep!

I hope we have a good night.... last night she woke up all of a sudden at 1.30am and decided that it was playtime!!!!! :dohh: Eventually she calmed down, had a bottle, then finally fell asleep about 4.30am!!! I took her back to bed, but she was up and wide awake again by 7am!!!! :baby: She's only had about an hours worth of naps today too!

Fingers crossed she :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: tonight!!

aww hooray for the stickers! glad they went quite well and hope you have a brilliant night too.

Well, bless her cottons, she slept right through til 7am!!! :happydance:

But she has been sooooooo grizzly and obviously feeling grotty all day. I've had to keep her topped up with Calpol to try and help her out a bit (think her toothypegs have been troubling her aswell!)

What's concerning me is this feeding problem! I don't know if you remember me posting a week or so ago that she wasn't having as much per feed and sleeping a lot more...?

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/67436-should-worried-long-post-sorry.html

Well she's still been the same, but today her feeding's been even worse! She had 3oz at 7.30am..... 3oz at 10.30am..... then was getting grumpy about 2.30pm so got her bottle ready, but as soon as she started sucking on it she screamed blue murder! Tried a few times, but she kept screaming! So I gave her the next dose of calpol and eventually, about an hour or so later, she just about managed 5oz! After more grizzing she fell asleep about 6pm and is still asleep now!!!!!

So she's only had just under 11oz of milk (from three bottles) all day! :cry:

I'm going to give her an hour or so, and if she hasn't woken up, I'm going to change her and try giving her a feed I think. I'm worried she'll end up dehydrating otherwise!

Going to take her to the weight clinic tomorrow afternoon cuz I doubt if she'll have gained much since I last took her two weeks ago. And will have a good chat with the HV and see what they advise.

Do you reckon her real lack of feeding today is a reaction to the jabs yesterday? Do you think it will be ok to wait until tomorrow afternoon before I see someone about it? Or should I be more worried now?

I just don't know?!!
:cry:

oh honey poor you :hugs: i would think its a reaction to the injections, plus possible teeth and or feeling under the weather and the capol could make her sleepy. i would definately take her to clinic tomorrow and have a chat with hv to see or make an app. with your gp. however if you're worried, and you sound like you are, then why not give nhs direct a call and speak to them, 0845 4647, they'll be able to help honey. i do hope morgan's feeling better soon, keep us update darling, thinking of you :hugs: x x x

oh honey poor you :hugs: i would think its a reaction to the injections, plus possible teeth and or feeling under the weather and the capol could make her sleepy. i would definately take her to clinic tomorrow and have a chat with hv to see or make an app. with your gp. however if you're worried, and you sound like you are, then why not give nhs direct a call and speak to them, 0845 4647, they'll be able to help honey. i do hope morgan's feeling better soon, keep us update darling, thinking of you :hugs: x x x

Thanks hun...

I think I'll try her with a bottle in a short while, and if she takes it ok, I'll wait to see the HV tomorrow. If she doesn't take it though, I'll give NHS Direct a call and see what they say.

Grrrrrrrr it's so difficult to know what to do sometimes isn't it!

:hugs:

Thanks hun...

I think I'll try her with a bottle in a short while, and if she takes it ok, I'll wait to see the HV tomorrow. If she doesn't take it though, I'll give NHS Direct a call and see what they say.

Grrrrrrrr it's so difficult to know what to do sometimes isn't it!

:hugs:

that sounds like a great plan honey, thats what i would do with maddi. it is so so so hard to no what to do, when maddi was a few weeks old she began to develop a red mark on her check/neck area, i suppose its about 1.5cm by 1cm, i really freaked out, but its a strawberry mark and will disapear in a few years :dohh:

thinking of you :hugs:

Its really difficult to know hun. With Seths first lot of injections he was a bit like that tbh, he slept a lot and wasnt really interested in food, just wanted cuddles.

I hope everything is ok

xxx

Well, I ended up waking her up about 11pm... I changed her nappy (although it was bone dry and hadn't been changed since 3pm!), got her into a sleepsuit and then fed her... she actually had about 5-6oz!! :happydance:

She fell straight back to sleep and so we went upstairs and I put her in her cotbed and she slept until 4.30am!! (Earlier than normal admittedly, but no where near as bad as I was expecting!!)

Changed her again and got her a bottle and she had just under 4oz! She's asleep again now in her pushchair here in the living room... So just going to finish my coffee and then try and catch a few mins snooze before she wakes up again... whenever that may be!!

So I'm not feeling so worried today, and will have a chat with the HV this afternoon and see what her weight's like! (Five weeks ago she was 12lb, two weeks ago she was 12lb 13oz... so have no idea what she'll be today!!)

Thanks everyone, and sorry for panicking!!! I'm trying so hard not to become a neurotic mummy!!! :dohh: :blush:

Im not trying to freak oyu out but PLEASE write all of this down and show it to the HV If its been more then just after her shot please kup

Hey hun definately ask the dr or HV as much as i hate my ones!
When Tabs teeth were coming through badly she went from doing 6oz to about 3-4oz for a little while and was just constantly chewing and playing with the teat some feeds....it was a nightmare getting milk into her but the solids were fine,pigged it all down fine on a spoon. I guess it must have been the way she sucks and the teething. Now i have difficulty in getting the spoon in her mouth as she loves to bite it now lol :dohh:

As for the weight thingy Tabs only put on about 3lbs over a course of around 3 weeks at one stage with the teething and i was shocked as she was always doing about 7-8lbs a week. The health visitor did say though that they kinda slow down a little and level out on the curvy thingy in the book.
Hope she is feeling a bit better today.
Tabs had her 3rd jabs the same day as Morgan and tbh i havn't really noticed too much difference in her from those.
Really hope the little minx is ok and hope the HV can shed more for you.
Sending you big hugs and hope you get some sleep tonight :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->