3rd lot of jabs this afternoon! *Update pg 3!*

Hope she is more settled for u today and feeding better hunny. Ruby has days like this and i put it down to her gums as she is gaining weight and seems happy enough. If in doubt speak to your hv tho xx

:hug: Hope she's continued to do better. Hannah was like that for 2-3 days after her first injections, hardly ate at all. Called the doctor and she said it was normal as long as it didn't continue for more than 3 days

I took Morgan to the clinic this afternoon and had a chat with the HV and had her weighed.

The HV was ever so slightly concerned with the drop in her milk intake (as it's dropped on average by about 10-14oz a day since two weeks ago... and particularly yesterday when she only had 16oz all day!!!) however, when we weighed her, she's 13lb 7oz!! So she's still managed to gain 10oz in a fortnight?!!! The last two weights have dropped from the 50% to just above the 25% line, but the HV said that's absolutely fine as she was only on the 25% for about 8 weeks after she was born!

So she advised me to just keep an eye on her feeding, and to go back again in two weeks to have her weighed again. She also advised to try the level 2 teats in case she's struggling with the level 1's now... however, I've got to be careful, as even now at four months old, she still chokes really easily on her milk and water! :dohh:

The poor lamb is really suffering with ther teeth though, and has been incredibly grizzly and upset all day today. She can't munch on her "Minky" fast or hard enough!!! (I know that sounds rude, but it's what we call her cuddly comforter thingy cuz it looks like a monkey!!! And OH and I call monkeys, Minkies!!! Don't ask!!! :blush: :rofl:) But at least she's fed a wee bit better today!

So we'll just have to see how she goes... but HV said to call her at any time if we get concerned, or if she has a couple of days on the trot where her feeding drops right down again like yesterday.

Thanks for all your replies..... this motherhood malarkey ain't half bloody difficult!!! :baby:

:hug: all round!!!

:hugs: so so glad things went well with the hv honey, hope morgan continues to feel a bit better, sending huge hugs to both of you :hug: x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->