3rd pregnancy i do not believe the midwives!! RANT!

bobbie88

Reaction score
So my midwife told me ages ago that 3rd babies do not drop or engage until right before labour! well I call bullshit! This baby is well and truly engaged ive got terrible pains in my lower back and when im walking can feel the baby hitting the nerves in my groin causing me to look like im having a vertical fit! im so uncomfortable and still got another 3 weeks left :( also lost part of mucus plug 2 days ago but apparently this can happen like 1-2 weeks before labour starts I pray its only a week and not longer!

sorry for rant but this is draining now! I haven't slept properly in 5 months because of severe spd im so ready for this to be over!

I had been told similar but more that 2nd+ babies do & can engage in the weeks prior to birth but can then disengage and float about a wee bit higher. Whereas first babies tend to engage and stay there.

None of my mine have ever engaged - placenta in the way for baby 1 and baby 2 kept turning breech to head down until 41 weeks.

My 2nd and 3rd engaged then popped out of my pelvis several times. I also lost my mucus plug 5 weeks before my 1st was born. Hope as your uncomfy you have baby sooner rather than later :) x

My 2nd and 3rd engaged then popped out of my pelvis several times. I also lost my mucus plug 5 weeks before my 1st was born. Hope as your uncomfy you have baby sooner rather than later :) x

Same here, I had plug a couple of weeks ago and I know he engages then comes out again. Mostly when walking he goes down there!

So my midwife told me ages ago that 3rd babies do not drop or engage until right before labour! well I call bullshit! This baby is well and truly engaged ive got terrible pains in my lower back and when im walking can feel the baby hitting the nerves in my groin causing me to look like im having a vertical fit! im so uncomfortable and still got another 3 weeks left :( also lost part of mucus plug 2 days ago but apparently this can happen like 1-2 weeks before labour starts I pray its only a week and not longer!

sorry for rant but this is draining now! I haven't slept properly in 5 months because of severe spd im so ready for this to be over!

Ar u in the uk? Will they not offer induction due to spd?
I have severe spd and am hoping they will induce. Have 28wk midwife appt on thurs so gong ask the process then. If she is not helpful then I will make a formal complaint to try and get referred somewhere else.
I too am on 3rd preg and I absolutely hate the inconsistency of midwives.
I almost dread my appts rather than look forward to them :(
On a plus, I lost my plug with both my girls and contractions started the same day. So there is hope :flower:

I can see where OP is coming from because some midwives see everything in black and white. My eldest didnt engage until the pushing stage of labour my second eldest engaged at 36 weeks was born at 42 weeks xx

Ye I'm in the uk but I had spd with my last pregnancy and they still wouldn't induce til 3 days after my due date and really want to avoid induction coz it was so much worse than my first natural birth

Stalking!
I had a 36 week MW appt with #3 last night and baby had engaged the day before. My first engaged at 34 and came at 42+3, and my second engaged right before my water broke. I was told that 2nd/3rd/and subsequent babies don't engage until often labor and or even pushing. I so badly want baby to cook for a couple more weeks (having a homebirth) because I want to avoid the 37 week issues I had with #2!! Just a little too little and a little under-developed neurologically!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->