3rd time mums, how long was labour?

ProudMum

Reaction score
Yup, im crapping myself big time...
This is my 3rd baby- second labour was 6 hours, first 24 hours.... what can I expect from my 3rd?

I will be keeping an eye on this as I am also expecting my 3rd!!!!

My first was 6 and my second was 4... so I'm guessing... 15minutes? (She hopes!).

I'll be watching too!

Becky did you have an epidural? I did with my first (24 hours)... I rekon thats why it was 24 hours... my second was basically no pain relief and he was 6 hours.. At the time it seemed to fly by but if I think on it now and imagine this baby being 6 hours, it scares me..seems like forever

I will be watching this thread! expecting my 3rd and preying the labour is a lot shorter than my other two.....both over 24 hours

Becky did you have an epidural? I did with my first (24 hours)... I rekon thats why it was 24 hours... my second was basically no pain relief and he was 6 hours.. At the time it seemed to fly by but if I think on it now and imagine this baby being 6 hours, it scares me..seems like forever

Nope hun.

But I did have morphine with my daughter at 4cm (at 4am) because labour ward was busy, so they wanted to slow me down. Midwife reckos I'd of been about 2 hour labour if I hadn't of had that. It wore off about 6am, they popped my waters (was still 4cm) and she was born at 8am.

All I had during active labour was G+A.

Best thing I can suggest to get labour moving is activity. With both of mine, the best control for pain relief for me was leaning over something and rocking my hips. I found that comfortable and also apparently helps the baby down and opening of the cervix.

My plan is to labour at home until last minute with this baby. But I have to be careful because once my waters go, I'm very quick. My waters broke naturally with my son at 8cm and he was born 30minutes later.

I was offered a home birth on the basis of quick labours, but I personally like the secruity of a hospital.

I'm expecting baby number 4 .. However my previous labours are as follows :-

Baby 1 - had a really bad time was in labour from Thursday until Sunday evening .. No joke !!

Baby 2- from first pain until delivery was aprox 13 1/2 hours

Baby 3- from first pain until delivery was 5 hours !!

So fingers crossed baby number 4 follows the pattern & comes nice & quick :)) xc

I'm watching this too, fairly worried about how quick this labour might be! lol.

My first I was in established labour for 4 hours, my second just 50 minutes!!

I'm watching this too, fairly worried about how quick this labour might be! lol.

My first I was in established labour for 4 hours, my second just 50 minutes!!

lucky you lol x

Lol yeah, but I'm paranoid about OH having to deliver her!

first was friday night till early Wed morning yes long labour lol, second was under 8 hours and honestly easy as pie compared to my first this one will no doubt be shorter,

I just had my third and it was definitely unpredictable.

First: 14 hours start to finish (induced)

Second: 8 hours (natural)

Third: 2.5 hours - BUT I lost my waters 23 hours before labor kicked in and had 23 hours of pre-labor. Came and went, didn't do anything to my cervix. In the 2.5 hours of real labor I went from a little 4 cm dilated to her being born! intense!

Popping in from the first tri! Can't wait to get here :)
My first one took 8 hours. (from the start of the induction to delivery)
2nd one took 6 hours (again was induced, start of induction to delivery)
3rd one took 9 hours! Had some problems with my epidural that cause me to stop dilating for many hours (from start of induction to delivery).

My 1st was induced, took 2 pessaries to get going, then from 4cm to delivery was 4 hours.

My 2nd was recorded as established labour of 30 mins.

So I don't know what to expect this time!

I am expecting my third also! Will keep an eye on this thread. My Daughter (1st) was from 5am-11:15pm. My son (2nd) was from 7am-2:11pm. I'm HOPING and PRAYING that this one will continue the trend and be even shorter! Epidural with first, won't make that mistake again! My second i was in the tub most of the time until it was time to push, hoping that made the difference and that i will be able to do it again. IDK why, this being my third, i'm a bit more apprehensive than i was the first two times, maybe it's BECAUSE i KNOW what to expect this time? haha.

i too am due my third baby and...

for the birth for my DD our first born, i was induced at 37 weeks, labor took 4 days altogether after my waters broke at 36+4, she was born when i was 37+1 by forceps.

my second i went into natural labor at 40+4 labor lasted 10 hours till i got to the pushing stage and then had to have an EMCS

i am hoping that this labor goes something like this... 8hr labor VBAC. :rofl: one can dream. :rofl:

with my first labor was 7hrs second was 6hrs my third was around 5 hrs so hoping this delivery is 4hrs*Wishful thinking*

First 21 hrs, second 7 hrs, third 3 hrs hoping this one is going to continue the trend lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->