4-5 month olds mealplan-too much?

kelseyyy

Reaction score
Introduced Aidan to solids today and he loved it. Didn't do the cereal as he seemed to be enjoying it but everytime he would take a bite he'd make a disgusted face, but did just fine with the carrots (the carrots were just as soft if not softer than the cereal) and he loved it!! He would watch me put it on a spoon and then open his mouth really wide when he would take a bite, chew it with his gums and swallow! I was so amazed at how much he liked it. He ate 1 really small jar.

So now DH & I are on a rampage and went out and bought him all the kinds stage 1 foods had to offer - bananas, peas, applesauce, etc.
We also bought 2 other kinds of cereal the banana cereal and whole grain cereal?
As there are SO much different advice from everywhere on weaning we decided to stick with what we think would be best, but need some advice.

A "bowl full" of cereal every morning after his first bottle
At lunchtime either a jar of baby food OR another bowl of cereal
At dinner a jar of baby food

Is this too much for a baby just starting on solids? He ate so forcefully today I don't think it would be much of a big deal. Thanks ladies xx

I only started with very small amounts (like only a few spoonfuls) and only once a day to start off with. Milk is still the most important part of their diet. I would of thought that 3 meals a day was too much for a baby of his age, but it sounds like he enjoyed it enough. If he starts drinking less milk though, you need to cut back on the solids as milk needs to be the main food source for awhile yet. Good luck! :)

i wouldnt put him on too much of those solids just yet but if hes eating that much and taking in the normal amount of formula then I wouldnt worry about it. feed him :) . babies tend to eat till they explode.lol my little man does and he screams when i put him on a limit of formula. so we started him on cereal just this past week. i cant wait till i put him on jar food.

I would post in the weaning section hun but I personally wouldn't start with 3 meals a day! We started gradually with baby rice, a couple of spoonfuls mid morning for 2 weeks, then introduced another meal around lunch. Remember milk should still be their main food

I've answered in the weaning section too but yeah that sounds like too much for a 4 month old, that amount is likely to constipate him. Not lecturing, just trying to help :)

Yeah Olivia is 19 weeks & at 17 wks started on couple teaspoons of baby rice after tea time feed, then this week added couple teaspoons of porridge after breakfast time feed. HV advised to stick at this for a couple wks then introduce lunch time taster. Bigger she gets increase the amount of teaspoons.

I wouldnt recommened starting ur LO on so many solids all in one go, it takes their little tummy a while to get used to solids. Maybe just start on baby rice after one feed, then increase it bit by bit.

Remember, Mums knows best! x

Hiya, Poppy is the same with her food, we started her on solids at 18 weeks and she took to it straight away, no problems in getting used to a spoon at all. She wolfed her first bowl of baby rice down!

Anyhow, she's 20 weeks now and has about 3 table spoons of banana porridge mixed with 6 table spoons of her formula with her morning feed then baby rice mixed with veg puree at tea time, again along with a feed.

She still takes her 4 hourly feeds but just seems so much happier. You know your baby and as long as he's getting all the milk he needs there is no reason to think its too much. Good luck! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->