4 day old newborn straining

shadowbaby100

Reaction score
My 4 day old newborn is formula fed every 4 hrs but shes now starting to strain to poop. Her poop this morning were small hard nrown/yellow pellets. Is there anything i can do to help her?
Help!!

Maybe look into a different formula? I know here they have "gentle" versions that are supposed to be easier on the tummies and the coming out part. Might be best to contact her medical provider and see if they have some advice. :flower:

Yeh got midwife coming tomorrow for final medical check etc. Shall ask her then but was just wondering if there was anything i could do to make baby more comfy before tmz thats all :) x

My DS had this when he was a baby, he was constipated on the formula we gave him (SMA). We were advised to change his formula (we went for Hipp Organic) and never looked back. It eased his constipation and helped his gas issues. I think it's just a matter of finding a formula that suits your baby.

My DD was breastfed initially but is now formula fed and we have used Hipp from thr outset this time and she has been great on it, no constipation and thankfully no colic either!

Good luck and congrats on your baby.

My new born was like this too, we had him on SMA. I changed his milk to Aptimel and he's much more comfortable on that :)

A little cooled boiled water should soften stool and also ease tummy ache . Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->