4 days away from period, now not sure I want to be in this situation :(

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
Life story alert, me and my partner are really good together, but yesterday things went a bit tits up and I've never seen him like this before.
I spend the whole morning meeting up with a friend who I've known for 14 years, I haven't seen him for 10 years, he is also gay and getting married soon, not that that should make any difference as he is my best friend.
I told my partner id be home around 3pm same time as he finished work, but as me and my friend got chatting and reminiscing I didn't leave until 3.20 meaning I got home at 3.40 as the drive was a little distance from mine.
I walked in and my partner gave me the cold shoulder saying that I take the absolute p*** and that I've ruined his plans (he had no plans other than going to bed early to be up for work at 5am) So I said look I was more than likely going to be home at 3 because I've been out since 9am but as we got chatting and having a lovely catch up I left 20 minutes later than I thought. I also text my partner at 3.05 and 3.15 saying I'm not going to be long.

Arguments started about me 'springing on him I'm meeting my friend' I told him 4 days prior to this and that ideas so excited as I haven't been my friend in 10 years, but apparently I sprung it on him, then it escalated to if I don't like the way he does or says things then I know where the door is, I lost my shit by this point and he told me he doesn't care or that hebdoesnt need anyone, so I grabbed my keys and slammed every door on the way out.

My mum said it's not me in the wrong here and I know this, my only issue is now my period is due in 4 days and knowing my luck I'll end up pregnant this time but as selfish as it is, im hoping im not now, I don't see me being able to stay with someone who feels they can speak to me the way he did.

And with 2 children to think about. I'm not staying in a shit relationship like I did with their father for 7 years.

I feel like I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

Sorry for the long post, and good luck to anyone in the tww who are actually excited about it.

:(

Definitely here when you need to vent!! And I totally understand that even though it seems like a small fight, it turned into more and made u question the relationship.

However, if this is a man you thought of having a baby with, I would imagine there is a lot of good between you two also!

That being said, you def both need to get on the same page about what is acceptable and how to resolve arguments when things don’t “go as planned” like he thought. I would give him another chance if this is something new, but definitely don’t let it slide.

Wishing you all the best!! And I hope the TWW turns out the way u want it to!

Oh Hanna I'm so sorry the tww turned into such a huge question mark for you. It sounds so hard not to even know what you're hoping for.
I also want to say it's not on you! You didn't do anything wrong and you are free to meet your friend and also to be late sometimes. I mean it does happen, and a relationship should be able to survive such unplanned events without going into blaming one another. Having that said, I agree with bselck, if it's new and not a pattern of trying to control and restrict you, I would try and understand what happen and not necessarily end the relationship over this.
I wish you clarity and strength to deal with this situation the best you can. Hugs.

Sending lots of hugs, I hope this can be resolved as it feels like a communication breakdown. Forget about the tww, just focus on you xx

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Thinking of you x

It does seem hard in situations like this but at the same time, like the others said, if this is just random and a first for him, forgive him and talk about what the biggest issue was to resolve it if there was one at all. Maybe he was just having a bad day and if you are pregnant, maybe God knew that’s what your relationship needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->