4 month old become a challenge to feed

Kanichen34

Reaction score
Really hoping someone can advise. My 4 month old has become a nightmare to feed. First of all we have the distraction issues - anything can and will distract her. That I can just about cope with but the last 2 days she's just been a nightmare - gets angry when I offer the breast - arches her back crying, then takes it, but will either only feed for a minute or 2, or periodically gets angry again with the back arching and crying. She flails her arms and legs about, pulls my hair, scratches her head in frustration.... It's worse if she's tired and wants to nurse to sleep.

She had colic as a baby but we've been fine for the last month, I did reintroduce fruit juice at the weekend but haven't had any since Sunday. Is it possible this is colic returning? Do I need to reintroduce the infacol?

She did have a growth spurt last week and consequently I've been engorged the last few days, I have a very fast let down - could this have sped up more and be the issue?

Any advice gratefully recieved as at the moment feeding isn't fun for either of us :-(

Could it be teething? My LO is 15 weeks and has been the same for the past few weeks, and I checked the other day and his first tooth is just about to pop through! BTW, my LO was scratching his forehead and face etc, mentioned it to the health visitor and she said it was him teething too, the pain was radiating through out his face. Hope that helps x

Going through same thing with my LO. She gets distracted and seems in pain from teething. I am currently pumping and giving her the bottle, since she doesn't have to work as hard to get the milk that way. Seems like she is in less pain that way and is actually eating. Before I did this, she was screaming and pulling away from my boob.even though she was obviously hungry. I hate having to pump, but oh well. It's what works at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->