4 month old loves standing

SpringCrane

Reaction score
My 4 month old loves to stand. No on his own, of course, but on our laps or holding our hands. My first was the same, and he was walking at 9 months. So, I'm wondering if this is a common favorite activity for young babies or if I've been cursed with two early walkers!

My LO always loved to stand, and she has been pulling herself to standing and cruising since she was 6.5 months old. I think I will have an early walker on my hands too!

All of my kids have done this and so far have been early walkers so I'm curious if this baby will walk early but I'm preparing myself for her to be. My first two too their first steps at 8.5 months and 9 months and were running around by 10 months lol

Cannot remember with my older 2 really, they were late walkers (preemies walked at 14 & 15.5 months).

My youngest would push himself up to standing on my knee all the time from about 3.5 months so at 4 months I tried him standing holding the sofa and he did it very well. He loves standing and walking holding my hands so mu, he won't really bother much trying to crawl. H just turned 8 months and walks well holding my hands, attempts to cruise on furniture but cannot yet and can manage about 3-4 seconds stood alone on the times he bothers to stop dancing or leaning to far forward as he just wants to be off so badly. We shall see how much longer until he walks.

My LO loves to stand too, she's 5 months tomorrow so I don't know if she'll walk early or not but I just thought it was a usual baby thing!

Yes, my little girl was like this from about 3.5 months, would stand holding our hands for support. Such strong little legs! She could get up to standing on her own by 6m (though she wasn't great at staying there, as she insisted on doing it in he middle of the floor with nothing to hold on to!), tand even though she never really cruised at all to speak of, she was walking at 8.5 months.

Think you may have another early walker! I sympathise, it's hard when they can move around but haven't got the awareness of their environment to stop themselves getting into little pickles!

Hmm my son can bear weight on his legs NOW and he just turned 2 months....?!

Hmm my son can bear weight on his legs NOW and he just turned 2 months....?!

My LO could also bear weight easily at 2 months. In the hospital when she was born she was pushing herself against my lap with her legs. Some little ones are just motivated to get moving!

Gracie was the same, she's nearly 10 months, she has been walking with her push along walker for months now, she has been cruising for a while (a few weeks) and pulling herself up for over a month. She is quite physically strong but lacks confidence to let go, otherwise I think she could walk independently. Her dad was walking at 10 months but I didn't walk til 18 months!

My DS was like this too we found him standing in his cot at 5 months too having pulled himself up and he was cruising pulling up and walking with his push along walker at just over 8 months. I thought he would be an early walker too especially as he was also a climber getting himself over the stairgate befure he was even one but he only took his first independent steps a month ago at 13.5 months and still prefers crawling now. Interestingly he didn't crawl till he was ten months (army crawled from 8 months though), long after he'd been walking everywhere with his push along walker. It's possible your LO will be an early walker but not necessarily. What o have noticed about my DS though is maybe from all the early standing etc that his legs are weirdly muscly, they are rock hard and when he is climbing something with a big step etc you can see the muscle definition.

Rainbow, Gracie was exactly like that too, she crawled at 8.5 months so quite late!

My baby who is 8 months loves to stand and wanted to do so as newborn. Even at a few weeks old, we could stop her crying by letting her stand upon the table. She could bear weight on her legs so well given her age.

She started army crawling around 6-7 months and pulled herself to standing at 7 months. She's not quite there with proper crawling and because she's small, she finds it difficult to reach to pull herself up.

People keep telling me she'll walk before she's one. I'm not sure though. I've noticed she approaches developing a new skill really early but then teeters on the edge for ages before finally mastering it e.g. she was more or less sitting up at 4 months but it took another two before I was confident enough not to put a cushion behind her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->