4 month old still not sleeping through

dancing P

Reaction score
Hi :)

My DD is 4 months old and she still isn't sleeping through! She goes to bed around 7:30 although if I let her she would go at 5 lol and wakes any time from 2am-4am but she doesn't seam hungry? I give her a bottle but she only eats around 3-4oz the goes back to sleep till around 6-7am
Is there anything I could do to help her sleep through? X

She is still very young to be sleeping through and probably just needs those few ozs to keep her going to morning. She will grow out of it soon enough. Xx

Hate to say it but some babies dont sleep through until a year or more.

Dd1 never slept through until she was 6 months but it was consistent until 9 months. Even now at four she still will wake up for a wee / bad dream / lost teddy. The bonus is that she does go back to sleep really quickly now unlike the baby days.

Baby will do it when she's ready. I know that doesn't help much when you are tired x

She is still very young yet. My 21 month old doesn't sleep through yet, sorry!

You say that your LO would go to sleep at 5 if you let her. Maybe try a later nap so that she can last a little later so she's not overtired come bedtime. I don't think one wake up a night at four months is bad at all though :thumbup:

That sounds totally normal. My daughter wasn't consistently STTN every single night until 9 months. Even then, she still wakes up or at least stirs (but we co-sleep so doesn't really mean I have to wake up), just doesn't need a feed.

My DD is 4 months old and she still isn't sleeping through! She goes to bed around 7:30 although if I let her she would go at 5 lol and wakes any time from 2am-4am but she doesn't seam hungry? I give her a bottle but she only eats around 3-4oz the goes back to sleep till around 6-7am

My lg does exactly the same. She is asleep by 7:30 latest and usually wakes around 1am although last night it was 3am the back to sleep until 6/7 am. she usually takes about 5oz so assume she needs that feed to keep her going. i am happy to be getting 11/12 hrs out of her with only one feed. she feeds 7,11,3 and 7pm during the day so prob needs that 5th feed. I think its common to still need a night until 6 months which is when i guess a lot of people start solids?

I know a number of 5/6 month olds who don't sleep through the night, so it really is a little early to expect it. That said, mine started sttn at 3.5 months, but she still has her 'bad' nights, so it's not entirely consistent.

Mine of mine slept thru until way past 4 months. She's just little still & sounds like altho waking once in the night is sleeping pretty well xx

I would let her go earlier too, We had to start letting J go earlier as evenings were becoming un bareable! J can wake up from 0-20 times during the night lol though average is about 3 and she is 10mths x

My son didn't sleep through until he was one and even then it wasn't every night. My 6.5 month old wakes a few times a night.... I'm sorry to tell you it's very normal. There is no magic formula and your baby will do it when ready but even then you will still get bad nights if they are poorly, teething, growth spurt etc. Even my 3 year old often wakes for a wee, a drink, a cuddle etc

My lg does exactly the same. She is asleep by 7:30 latest and usually wakes around 1am although last night it was 3am the back to sleep until 6/7 am. she usually takes about 5oz so assume she needs that feed to keep her going. i am happy to be getting 11/12 hrs out of her with only one feed. she feeds 7,11,3 and 7pm during the day so prob needs that 5th feed. I think its common to still need a night until 6 months which is when i guess a lot of people start solids?

Its pretty common to need a night feed at even 1 year+

4 months is so young. And there is a sleep regression at 4 months and many wonder weeks ahead of you. My LO is almost 11 months and still doesnt sleep through.

My seven month old doesn't and has never slept through a night :( I'm not holding my breath that it's going to happen soon either. I think some babies sleep well and some don't.

My daughter is 8 months old and wakes at least once a night.... Usually she wakes about 3 times(first half of the night doesn't bother me as I'm still awake anyway) so if she only got up once a night I'd say that was a great night for us... I'm a firm believer in babies sleeping through when they are ready

Sounds just like my boy hes 4 months. I think its pretty good :) they still small n may need that feed. My boy drains it then goes back to sleep so know he needs the bottle. Maybe when u start solids then sttn will happen x

My LO still wakes up for 2-3 feeds per night, just like he did when he was a month old. My DD slept through at 4 months consistently, DS is nowhere near sleeping through. I feel your pain hun, fingers crossed it'll happen soon enough for us. With all honesty, I don't agree that it's too early to expect this, especially knowing that it happened around this time with my daughter, same weight, same height, same HC, same feeding patterns but she was not waking up so many times :(

:rofl: coralie didn't sttn until 16/18 months!! Sorry to break it to you but not every baby sleeps through so young, also there is a huge sleep regression / wonder week at 4 months which will really screw with sleep. Just remember it will happen eventually :hugs:

4 months is a tiny baby.

Mine were 23 months and still-not at 14 months, I know it can seem exhausting but it's normal for them - once it's done, it's done, and it is a thing of the past. Try not to dwell, just grab coffee! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->