4 month old still not sleeping through

If your 4-month-old is only waking once for a quick feed then you should consider yourself extremely lucky. Sleep training isn't recommended before 6 months, and honestly your LO wouldn't need it anyway because she's sleeping great for her age. As others have said, STTN is not typical for such a young baby.

Although many babies do, I don't think it's the norm for a 4 month old to sleep through the night.

Yep, I would actually say you've got a better than average sleeper at that age. At 4 months my LO was still waking every three hours for a feed. Taking 3-4oz is a significant enough amount that I'd say she needs it.

My LO is 20 months and still doesn't STTN, and there are several older babies/toddlers that don't. I think at this point I would consider STTN consistently before 10 months to be a 'good' sleeper!

Be patient and dont expect too much from your baby... and be grateful... many babies are getting up 2 hourly all night long till a year old. I think for 4 months you have it good ;)

My DS1 is 2 years and still doesn't sleep through the night.

My LO wasn't sleeping through at four months. He began consistently STTN from around five months.

Lucky you!! My lo wakes up at least 3 times for food overnight and shes 10 months! she usually goes down again straight away but occasionally will be up for a couple of hours! Yes it's hard but totally normal and although I would love to have a full nights sleep she will do it when she's ready. I think your lo's sleep sounds great sorry!

Not sure why there would be an expectation on a 4 month old to go 10/12 hours without a feed.

One night feed is perfectly normal, 2/3/4/5 night feeds are normal. STTN generally ISNT normal!

There's nothing you can do to force your baby to sleep longer, that's up to baby when it's right for them. I think your expectations are way too high.

My almost 7 month old still doesn't sttn & still has nights where he wakes every 2 - 3 hours (like he did last night).

Thanks ladies! I do think she is going though a wonder week! Lol she's waking now every 2 hours but she's not crying or anything she's just laying awake talking to herself lol which is really cute
Thanks for all your advise xx :)

DD1 woke every 45 minutes during WW19, which coincided nicely with me returning to work :( It was possibly the most depressing time of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->