4 months old sleeping habits

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Does your 4 month old sleep alot? I have a feeling Niamh sleeps loads, and I don't know why but it doesn't seem 'normal'? Everyone is surprised when I tell them, but they have older kids I suppose.

She sleeps....

8pm-7am
8am-12pm
3pm-6pm

So she's up for 6 hours in 24.

well its alot compared to Fred hon but all babies are different xx she is doing what suits her i guess!

he sleeps

7pm - 6/7am

has about an hour mid morn

then between 30mins - 2 hours in afternoon

tho his naps have no set patteren they can change every day but thats roughly when he sleeps xx

Tyler sleeps roughly from about

7-8pm till 6-8am

10am - 12am

he may have a nap for an hour about 4-ish xx

i would say its ok honey :hugs: at 4months maddi slept around the same, she might be a sleepy baby like mads :D x x

Annabelle sleeps 7pm till between 6 and 7am,then has a half hour nap at about 8am then she sleeps about an hour at lunch time then maybe 20 mins in afternoon if i am lucky
i wish annabelle would sleep that much for me, although she used to sleep loads she doesnt anymore if we are out and about she hardly sleeps

Lou
xxx

Every day is different here!

Asleep from 9pm till 7pm with 3 feeds.

Then sometimes he will sleep the day away, sometimes he will have short naps every 2 hours and sometimes he wont sleep at all.

I LONG for a routine.

Hannah probably slept 15 hours or so out of 24 hours at that age? rough guess though her naps were really hit and miss and she still woke up at night

Hmmm....

Claire sleeps from:

9pm to 7am - 10 hours
8am to 9am - 1 hour
1pm - 2pm - 1 hour
4pm - 6pm - 2 hours

So she's sleeping about 14 hours out of the day. Sometime it's more, but the neighbours upstairs are pretty loud during the day, so it wakes her up. I went with the minimum amount that she sleeps. Sounds like Niamh loves her sleep! :)

I think it sounds fine - perhaps she just loves her sleep! At 4 months Erin had a massive growth spurt and was asleep all the time. Now at 5 and a half months, she has decided she hates naps during the day! Luckily she loves bedtime though.

I think Seren's about the same,
She sleeps from
9pm - 9am - 12hrs
11am - 1pm - 2hrs
3-4pm - 1 hr
6-8pm - 2 hrs

So she's awake about 7 hrs out of 24...

I bloody wish he slept that much :rofl:

7pm - 6am with 2 night feeds sometimes 3 !
8am - 8.30am sleep for 45 mins
12ish sleep for abour 1/2 hr
4pm sleep for about 1 hr

The longest block of sleep is about 3 hours from his 10pm feed till 1am ! :hissy:

all babies are different, lucas sleeps more than lilly did, so long as niamh is happy and progressing the way she should it don't see why it would be a problem

Byron sleeps a lot. It varies but he sleeps about as follows:
9.30pm - 6.30pm (now with a night feed)
8.30am - 9am
Another half hour to an hour whilst we walk the dogs in the morning or at about 11 ish is for some reason we're not going out.
About 2 hours through the afternoon but it might be split into two sleeps and the time varies a lot.
An hour after his bath before his proper night sleep.

He also sleeps anytime we go anywhere in the pram or carrier and will sleep in arms at will! He;s much happier the more sleep he can get.

Lexie sleeps from:

8PM - 8AM (but wakes up 5AM for a bottle).

Then she has a nap at 1PM for about 30mins to 45mins.

Then at 6PM for 30mins.

She hardly ever sleeps now. But if we go out in the pram, she goes to sleep almost instantly, lol.

This week we are on...
8.30pm-6.30am (with a feed at 11.30pm)
8.00am-9.30am
12.30-1.30pm
4.30pm-5.30pm
So that's about 13.5 hours.
Who knows though next week it could all change! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads