4 weeker how many ounces per feed?

Probably about 4oz on average per feed.

DD3 is a big baby and a big eater so at 1 month old she was taking 4-6oz, and the last few days she takes mostly 5.5-6oz feeds.

Its best to go buy weight (and appetite) rather than age as to how much milk to give. A smaller baby may only want 3-4oz per feed, whereas a bigger hungrier 4 week old might want 4-6oz like my chubby bubby. xxx

Mines 4 weeks old and just started taking 5oz every 3 hours.

Mines 4 weeks old and just started taking 5oz every 3 hours. Agree with previous post x

My wee girl is 4 weeks and she is taking between 4 and 5oz every 3-4 hours now. Xx

Oh wow! Christian will be a month on Friday and I can barely get 2-3 oz into him at a time. Something must be wrong... :cry:

Oh wow! Christian will be a month on Friday and I can barely get 2-3 oz into him at a time. Something must be wrong... :cry:

Not necessarily. It is dependant more on weight than age. How much does your lo weigh? How many feeds does he have in 24 hours? Is he gaining weight and having lots of wet nappies? xxx

I just had him weighed and he's 7lb 12.5 oz. He has a lot of wet diapers, but hasn't had a good dirty one in almost two weeks. He takes about 10 ounces total in a 24 hour period.

I just had him weighed and he's 7lb 12.5 oz. He has a lot of wet diapers, but hasn't had a good dirty one in almost two weeks. He takes about 10 ounces total in a 24 hour period.

10oz doesnt seem alot tbh. To get an approximate amount you multiply their weight in lbs by 2.5 and this is how many ounces they should (roughly) be drinking in 24 hours. So your lo needs around 18-20oz of formula, so almost double really what he is getting. I think you should speak to your midwife/HV/doctor about it. xxx

My LO is taking 5oz every 3/4 hours but sleeps 6/7 hours at night. He's 4 weeks old and weighs 8lb 9 now

lo might do 1 or 2 4oz bottles but with quite a few feeds varying between 1.5 oz to 2.5! I don't know if feeding on demand is leading this situation but he's gaining weight and weeing loads!

Yesterday Iona took two 7oz feeds! She's 5 weeks now - we've just switched her milk so probably why! Wee greedy guts lol xx

Logan's taking 4-5oz every 3-4 hrs at 10 days old.
I've got a greedy chunky monkey!!! He weighs 9lb 5oz and was 8lb 9oz at birth x

Isla has anything between 3-5oz every 3-4 hours. She is a lazy feeder and often has a nosy around whilst feeding! X

glad i saw this :) kaitlin seems to want more than 4oz today so going to make 5 in next bottle. shes 2weeks 4days and weighs 8lb 10oz.. only been on formula for two days as breastfeeding hurt so much :'( x

Our little man has 4oz every 2-2 and a half hours. Tried him with a 5oz bottle yesterday though and he took the lot so not sure wether he needs upping or not :wacko:

shes almost emptying the 5oz bottles lol. will be interesting to see this weeks weight gain and whether shes back up to her birth weight yet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->