4 weeks along....

LogansMama

Reaction score
So - I'm 4 weeks along today (going by my lmp). Excited! I made my first doctors appt. I am going in on Sept 3, which will make me aprx 5 weeks 3 days. What should I expect? You think I'd know since I've done this before!

Will they do an U/S or make me come back a few weeks later? Can I expect to see a heartbeat, or will it be too early? From what I'm reading I think the normal time to look for a HB is 7-8 weeks, so I think my 1st appt might be too soon!!

I hope it all goes well. I'm kind-of nervous about this pregnancy, I don't know why! I guess partly because I'm not having any real symptoms yet either. (I should be happy about that). I read my journal from when I was preg with DS, and it doesn't look like I started getting nauseua or the exhaustion until about 6 weeks or so... so I guess not feeling much yet is normal! Still makes me feel nervous though!

Anyhow - any advice is appreciated. I haven't done this "pregnancy thing" in almost 4 years.

At my 5 week 2 day ultrasound all we saw was an empty gestational sack. Today at 6 weeks 3 days (based on LMP) or 6 weeks 5 days (based on ultrasound) We saw a heartbeat, baby, and yolk sac in the sac. So at 5 weeks 3 days you wouldn't see much probably. Good Luck on your first appointment!

Awwww.... Man. Maybe I should just call back and reschedule it for another week later?? Nah. I don't want to wait! If I have to go back a week or two later I will. I guess I'm one of the crazy people that LIKES going to the doc when I'm pregnant!

Awwww.... Man. Maybe I should just call back and reschedule it for another week later?? Nah. I don't want to wait! If I have to go back a week or two later I will. I guess I'm one of the crazy people that LIKES going to the doc when I'm pregnant!

Naw I love going to the doc when I'm pregnant! But then I LOVE my ob/gyn tho. He is just the best doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->