4 weeks and breast still leaking! (Bottle feeding)

Librastar2828

Reaction score
Baby is 4 weeks old today and still my boobs are leaking! And it seems to still be the colostrum not cut ally breast milk!

With my first I remember a few days after the birth my boobs going hard and were real painful and I leaked a lot of breast milk. It stank and looked like milk but didn't last very long

This time round my boons were sore after a few days but don't really go hard we're just a little achy.. They leaked clear and sometimes yellow but defiantly no milky substance like I remember before as it definatly didn't have the smell. Now baby is 4 weeks and still I'm leaking the yellow colostrum! I've never breast fed and baby is on formula so clearly this should have all cleared up by now

Anyone else experienced this or at least know if this is normal and if it will ever dry up or the 'proper' milk ever come in

If haven't bf and the leakage is yellow with no engorgement, you should see a doctor. Don't wait, it's better to be safe, if it's nothing, at least you'll have peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->