4 weeks to go

MummyKP

Reaction score
We find out if baby is a girl or boy in 4 weeks and it really can't come quick enough! This is our first and deep down, I would love a little girl! However, from the start I've said baby is a boy, no idea why. I'm so worried if I get told boy at our gender scan that I will be disappointed, which I feel terrible for, but from reading it on here it's pretty common?! I would be happy with a boy, I have no doubt about that as I'd love one of each, I just know that if I have a girl first I'd be much more relaxed about our second baby as I'll have a daughter to create a bond with like I have with my mum. Either way I'll be pleased as long as baby is healthy, but I know there is more of me edging for a girl first. Any tips on how to react when told the opposite gender to what you are hoping?

I desperately wanted a baby girl - I 100% thought i was having a girl, even started buying cute dresses, etc. But when they said "boy" I didn't feel any disappointment... and I bet you wont either. When you are laying there, watching your beautiful baby on that screen and seeing their heartbeat... nothing else will matter. You will just be thrilled to see the baby is happy & safe in there!!

I think "gender disappointment" is stronger when a parent has multiple babies all the same gender, and they keep trying for one of the opposite gender. Or when parents are having their "last" baby and are hoping for a certain gender. You have 50% chance this baby will be a girl... or a future baby will be a girl!!

Honestly, I think you will be so smitten seeing your baby that you will only feel love & happiness - not disappointment! Good luck!

Thank you. I've spent the past week sure that baby is a boy and I'm actually feeling much better about it already :) I think when I wrote this post I was feeling quite down and hormones were everywhere, but now when I think about having a little boy it makes me smile just as much as having a little girl! I've got to the point where I just want to know gender for definite!

I completely understand as I am genuinely hoping for a girl this time around.. but my boy is just the sweetest mommy's boy ever...he blows me kisses and tells me "mommy, I love you" all the time, I just wanted to let you know that little boys sure do love their mommies an incredible amount, I never knew I'd have this amazing bond with my little boy. Just hoping maybe hearing things like this will help you be more comfortable if you do end up finding out you are having a boy :hugs:

Thank you :) I'm actually really excited at the thought of having a boy now, I've really come round to it now and love the thought of having a mummy's boy! Less than 2 weeks until we know and I can't wait, I just want to buy outfits now :) I'm 95% sure baby is a boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->