4 year old saying goodbye to pull ups at night

sewing_mama

Reaction score
Hello! I could do with some advice about night time nappies for my 4.5yo. She was potty trained at age 2 but she has had a problem with withholding her poo for the past few years, meaning she was soiling or on stool softener a lot of the time and had to wear pull up pants. After a long and difficult time dealing with this we have finally got the right dose of stool softener and she is finally pooping on the loo and wearing knickers all day. Hooray!

The next step would be getting dry at night, she often has dry nights with pull ups on but not every night. 4 days ago she asked if she could wear knickers to bed and I said yes, amazingly she had two dry nights, waking up to go for a wee around midnight. The third night she woke up covered in wee. She still wanted to wear knickers to bed last night so I let her, she didn't wake in the night at all but this morning I found she has wet the bed.

Not sure if I should put her back in pull ups until she is more reliably dry in those or just stick with knickers at night and deal with the accidents. I am so happy and relieved that she's overcome poo withholding and I don't want to knock her confidence on that achievement. Any advice? Thanks x

Personally I'd stick with the accidents for now and not got back to pull ups. You could always use those disposable bedsheets if you wanted to avoid a whole in the night bedding change.
My son was dry at night by 3 but we had a few evenings of wet beds till he was fully dry. Even now we may have the odd accident (perhaps when in a deep sleep) and he is nearly 5. X

Personally I'd stick with the accidents for now and not got back to pull ups. You could always use those disposable bedsheets if you wanted to avoid a whole in the night bedding change.
My son was dry at night by 3 but we had a few evenings of wet beds till he was fully dry. Even now we may have the odd accident (perhaps when in a deep sleep) and he is nearly 5. X

Thank you, We've stuck to it and she's had another two dry nights in a row and then another accident last night. 😔 but she doesn't want pull ups back on now so I guess we will just be dealing with accidents for a while.

I know he's older but we finally got our son night trained. He's 7 (he hasn't been ready until this point as we tried many times before). We took him out of trainers. We wake him up one time to use the bathroom.. Usually around midnight although sometimes a little earlier or a bit later. As long as we wake him once to use the bathroom.. No accidents. I don't know if this is something that would work for you or if you'd wanna do since you lo does already have some dry nights. Just am idea. Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->