4 year old with stomach problems

RubyLouise

Mum to 2 girls
Reaction score
My 4 year old has been struggling for about a month and a half with stomach problems.
She eats tiny amounts and its getting to the point now where she eats hardy anything.
Her stomach often hurts and she's lost some weight.
I went to the doctors today and they've given her some pills to disolve in water to try and calm down the stomach acid ( she throws up undigested food as well) but if she doesn't start eating I have to go back and go from there ( have tests etc)

I'm so worried about her. She barely eats, her stomach looks swollen. I've cried all evening.

She took the pill at lunchtime and ate 1 fish finger for dinner.

Has anyone else's child got stomach issues? Her biological fathers dad has chrones disease and the doctor said it can pass through genes so she might be tested if things don't improve very soon.

I'm worried sick.

My daughter doesnt have stomach issues like yours but hardly eats and struggles with terrible consipation. Hope things improve for you hun. xx

My son has problems but not the same as your daughter. He has really bad constipation and is regularly in hospital with blockages as he has been unable to have a poo for days on end, and this makes him stop eating. It is horrible to see your child in pain and suffering, and it's not nice that it takes so long for something to be done. We have had X-rays done to rule out twisted bowel/ intestines and all is clear so have reached a bit of a dead end ATM :-/ only thing I can suggest is just to keep pushing at the doctors to get to the bottom of it. Hope you get sorted soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->