40+3 wks and feeling a little disheartened

gills26

Reaction score
I had a bloody show about a week ago and have been having irregular contractions some nights along with constant braxton hicks but apart from these really positive signs I feel like labour is just nowhere in sight.. :cry: this is my third child but my first two labours were really straight forward, they started, progressed and then I had the baby, so this uncertainty is completely throwing me! I know it will happen eventually of course, but I want to stop telling my support people I think it's going to be today and then have it not happen, again and again and again!
I guess I just needed to talk about it to people that would understand and haven't heard it a million times from me. Sorry, having a moan!
Hopefully it won't be long! :flower:

Being so far past your due date I'm surprised they're not inducing you. Hope baby makes its grand entrance into the world soon.

I went 8 days over with my 3rd. Cheeky bugger he was.
Hope your bubba arrives soon x

Oh I'm right there with you!!!!!!
Hoping it's this weekend for you!!!!! Fingers crossed.

Good luck hope baby doesn't keep you waiting too long x

Thanks everyone :flower: still nothing happening.. My first was 10 days over and my second was 1 day over, so everyone speculated I'd go early and so I had it in my head I would. Now I'm trying to think along the lines of I might go another week and that's just how it is. But it sucks all the same! :shrug:

Being so far past your due date I'm surprised they're not inducing you. Hope baby makes its grand entrance into the world soon.
40+4 isn't that far over... Not sure where the OP is as I'm on my phone but in the uk they don't induce post dates til at least 10 days over unless there's a medical reason.

Fc you go into labour soon gills, I know it drags so much when you go over as I did with both my girls!

40+4 isn't that far over... Not sure where the OP is as I'm on my phone but in the uk they don't induce post dates til at least 10 days over unless there's a medical reason.

Fc you go into labour soon gills, I know it drags so much when you go over as I did with both my girls!

They usually wait until about 10 days past due date here in Australia too, so I still have a little time up my sleeve. They would only break my waters though this time as my first child was an emergency c-section (second was a vback), so I'm really hoping to go naturally before it comes to that far.
Thanks for all of the well-wishes everyone! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"