40 unexpectedly pregnant, now I’m afraid I’ve lost the pregnancy

Kaycee40

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just took a home pregnancy last wk (ok 3 home tests) and then a urine test a few days later at the MD office (only way they’d refer me). I was around 5wk 4day and for about a wk or so I had been feeling like I should get my period (light cramps, some breast tenderness, gassy, diarrhea) but it just wasn’t happening. My periods are irregular...between 27 to 40days over the past 8mo so I was shocked to see the positive. Then I started linking my increased tiredness (which I had chalked up to my workouts), my dizziness and shortness of breath that I had been experiencing that wk to being pregnant.

My trouble and concern is...I had symptoms through this past weekend but now that I am 6wks 2 days most all of the symptoms have stopped. My breasts are still a bit larger and sore (but not as much as a wk ago), my menstral like cramps are a lot less, I’m now more constipated, but my energy levels are better. I’m just concerned that I’ve lost the pregnancy. I took a test today, and now the test line is far darker than the control (last wk they were equal)...but I tend to be sensitive to my hormone changes so why am I no longer having symptoms? Does that mean a miscarriage? I got the OB office to move my appt up rob monday (my first time being seen by an OB). I just don’t feel pregnant anymore and am wondering if anyone else felt like this and went on to have a successful pregnancy...?

100% - I had really sore/heavy breast, cramps, just feeling a bit unwell and then all my symptoms totally disappeared. A few people have posted on here recently saying similar things and they've had lots of responses from people who lost all symptoms about 6 weeks and they came back about 13 weeks. I talk to two ladies on here a lot who had a lot of nausea and then it disappeared and they're 20+ weeks. Try not to worry, I'm sure all the symptoms will come back very soon and you'll be wishing they were away again! Good luck and happy and healthy 9 months

Thanks so much for your response, it’s nice to hear in some cases everything works out. Initially I wasn’t sure I was happy with this pregnancy (it was unexpected and my older boyfriend had just expressed uncertainty in our relationship 3 days before I tested positive). I’ve decided now that whatever my relationship status ends up being I really want this pregnancy and to be a Mom.
I never thought I would be hoping for symptoms to return!
Thanks again and best of luck to you

You're symptoms can disappear and all be fine. With daughter, I was 45, I had a major bleed around 6w4d and lost all my symptoms. I was sure I miscarried. When I went back to the OB at 7w2d, there she was, heart still beating..(she's now 6). I started having symptoms (nausea when looking at food) at 4weeks and that's what prompted me to test. I had horrid morning sickness 24/7 and then it just stopped, and I had that major bleed. I had zero symptoms for about 5 days, then they came back. I know is so worrying, but I think it's common to go back and forth with symptoms. Wishing you the best!

It happened to me. All my symptoms vanished even my boobs stopped hurting but then a few days later they started hurting again.
It's very normol for symptoms to come and go and come back again and ure still very very very early. So I wudnt worry. If ure test is still coming up dark than that's a good sign.
I'm an older mummy to be as well I'm 39.
Congratulations hon I'm sure ure symptoms will ramp up again in a few weeks.
Mine came back with evengence at 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->