40 weeks and spotting after internal exam

Nina83

Cherry Garcia
Reaction score
Yesterday I had an internal exam.
About 2 hours later I had a bit of a brown spotting episode. It was enough to fill a panty liner, and after that, pretty much just spotting on and off, and it's continued today.
I don't know if I should go in or not, if it's only because of the internal exam or it's causing something else.
I don't want to be too paranoid about it, but I also don't want to pretend that everything is just fine.
Should I be worried? Go in? I don't want them to do another internal exam only to spot again afterwards!

Maybe give your mw a call and ask her or ring the hospital just to make sure its normal. Better to ring I say just incase

It sounds normal to me hun but if you are worried then call your Midwife :) xx

Just like pp said, sounds normal but u can call for peace of mind. Good luck xx

I had a sweep yesterday and was spotting after. It's stopped now I should imagine it's normal x

I had bleeding after my exam at 38+6. The two previous internals I had (one at 36+6, and 37+6), did not cause any bleeding. But those two times the doctors weren't too rough. The one I had at 38+6, the doctor was very rough, and I think he actually did a sweep, without my knowledge (he was wanting me to go soon as they suspected I had pre-e). It turned to brown later that day, but next morning when contractions started it was red again.

It is very normal to bleed after an internal but as ladies have said, if you are worried, call.

Just like pp's have said, I would ring ure midwife to be safe. I know my doctor told me that I may spot after she does an internal exam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->