• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

42+ pregnant?

Can I join you ladies.

Congrats Happy, Ive been reading back on posts, and you must be excited :) Can I ask what your sperm counts are like after the VR?

A bit about me, Im 45 and we have 2 boys aged 8 and 10, DH had a vasectomy reversal in June 2011, and the sperm analysis isnt too bad, Ive been having the routine tests I can get on the NHS, and am just waiting for the right time for a HSG, if all clear they will give me 6 months of clomid.

xx

Hi of course you can join us and welcome! DH sperm count is 18 million per ml or something like that and he had 2.5mls per ejaculate. Not brilliant but he has gotten me pregnant now 5 times, so obviously enough spermies! Chesh... if anything I have learned from my journey with the NHS is that you mustn't believe everything they say, you must do research, must think outside the box and whatever you do, do not do clomid back to back for 6 months. It will not work after 2 cycles, no matter what they tell you. Research it. It would only work if you take a break every two cycles. I don't know if any of you ladies have read this. I have done so much research about trying to get pregnant and fertility, read so many books, I reckon I write a research paper for a university and pretend I studied fertility!! I think that taking a bit of what we all have gone thru and what works with us is a good thing. Always question things, research, research, research! Good Luck and again, welcome.

Can I join you ladies.

Congrats Happy, Ive been reading back on posts, and you must be excited :) Can I ask what your sperm counts are like after the VR?

A bit about me, Im 45 and we have 2 boys aged 8 and 10, DH had a vasectomy reversal in June 2011, and the sperm analysis isnt too bad, Ive been having the routine tests I can get on the NHS, and am just waiting for the right time for a HSG, if all clear they will give me 6 months of clomid.

xx

By the way, I do praise the NHS for a lot of things, don't get me wrong. But they only do so much due to costs and have certain policies. You gotta do the rest yourself. Your FSH is really good! what about your AMH?

I turned 42 at the end of November 2012 and I've been TTC since November of 2012. So far no luck but we were trying for a girl so I would stop BD when we got the positive OPK test. This month we aren't trying for a girl but for a BABY so we BD'd before and during our positive OPK test. In fact I'm about 1 DPO today. So.....we shall see! This will be my first cycle using Prolief creme from Arbonne (a plant based progesterone creme) and I started using the creme the day I got a positive ovulation test. Oh I hope and pray this time was IT...an October baby is just SO lovely to me and baby would be due before I turn 43!!! I have 3 biological boys and 1 adopted daughter :)

Hi, dont do pregesterone until after a couple of days after ovulation... just in case... how did it go? any good news?

DOR=Diminished Ovarian Reserve, basically all 40+.....

Will assume that's my problem. My gynae told me once you hit 44 fertility diminishes rapidly. I was 44 on 17th January. I've all but given up. AF regular most of the time. Dared to get excited back at the beginning of Dec. AF was 9 days late. In 30 yrs that's NEVER happened before. AF due tomorrow & I can feel her coming. I think that's me done trying. I think I'm finished. I don't know what I'm feeling or how to feel. I have lost hope :(

Have you done an AMH and FSH test? age doesn't matter if those come back good... only thing that is fishy with age is that our eggs are damaged and there are higher chances of a baby with down syndrome or other trisomies... but there are tricks to better the qualities of your eggs, your FSH and apparently, your AMH! DOn't give hope yet. Have those tests done and see what they say.

Hi,
I have a question for those who mentioned immune issues. What regime did your doctor recommend?
I also have immune conditions, so am curious:flower:
Thanks

it depends on what your immune issues are really... everyone is different... NK cells? lupus anticoagulant? thrombophenia?

I will shut up now hahaha. I am all happy and exicted to be back and to talk to you ladies... nite nite... baby dust to everyone!!!

Happypregnant, aside from horrible headaches from that dose DHEA (75 mg), did it keep you awake at night or conversely, make you feel draggy/tired all day?

Also, wondering what was your latest FSH/AMH result?

@Lucky W and anyone else (I haven't read the messages only the last one where she asks for me) I am here and guess what? PREGNANT AGAIN!!! I am sitting at Mr. Shehata's clinic waiting to get intralipids. This time I did not mean to get pregnant. I had sex once! Just once during the cycle and it was a wham, bam, thank you ma'am? And here I am pregnant. I wasn't meant to get pregnant until I started the treatment of prednisolone. I started taking Plaquenil (antimallarial drug) that calms my hyper active immune system. Happens that I have nigh NK cells! They were the culprit of my Mmcs. As I got pregnant before starting the full treatment, there is only a 60% chance to save this pregnancy. So I am waiting to get an intralipid infusion to try and calm my NK cells. Hopefully we can save this pregnancy... If not, now I know that i stand a much better chance to carry to term next time. I am happy and hopeful but also aware that it may not happen. But I won't give up. Have come this far... Too far to give up now. Watch this space. I am writing from my mobile so ignore typos lol... Will write more when I get access to my computer.

Thats great news happy! Chuffed for you.....:happydance:

did you BD on ovulation day? Had you started on your DHEA, if so, how much were you taking?

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... nice to be back and see you guys!! yes, I did BD on my ovulation day but I insist, it was a quicky lolol... it was done for the hell of it. You know, when I was trying to conceive, I would lay there with my butt up the air for like 20 minutes after BD, used preseed, did ovulation charts, temp charts, chinese acupuncture, the lot!!! Nothing, not a sausage! And this time, I know it was day 14 of my cycle, that is all I knew and it wasn't even all that fun lol... it was just cuz I could lol... and... bang! :bfp:!!! I did 25mg 3 times a day but this stuff was heavy duty cuz I could not hack 3 tablets a day! It gave me horrible headaches after like 3 weeks... I put up with them but then my blood pressure shut up so I did only 2... then reduced it to one, then I stopped altogether! I resumed after 3 weeks again but... the beauty of it is that it takes 3 months for those eggs to be ovulated... so this cycle it has been 10 weeks since I first started so fingers crossed, this one is a good egg!!! How are you? xx

That's brill.....the whole timed BDing Is exhausting isn't it and messing around with pillows, thermometers, preseed and charts. My DH will only be able to BD 2 days before O and 1 day after O next cycle so I'm thinking of not bothering with all the temping, opks etc I started taking DHEA after reading both yours and notrustys stories but I'm doing 7keto DHEA and only taking 25mg as like you I was reacting to anything more. I've been taking it since mid jan so hopefully it will do something and I've been doing acu and Chinese herbs since before Xmas. I'm feeling positive I will get pregnant but I'm just tired of it all.... It's bloody hard work!!! Your news has made me very happy:flower:

Happypregnant, aside from horrible headaches from that dose DHEA (75 mg), did it keep you awake at night or conversely, make you feel draggy/tired all day?

Also, wondering what was your latest FSH/AMH result?

Hi Notrusty... only headaches... best to take DHEA in the morning as I have heard it keeps you awake. On saying that, I have always been a night owl. My latest FSH was 8 and AMH was 3.08. I asked Mr Shehata if my AMH was good and his answer was... who cares! you conceived! lol but I reckon on this AMH I can try for another baby after this one lol

@Lucky W and anyone else (I haven't read the messages only the last one where she asks for me) I am here and guess what? PREGNANT AGAIN!!! I am sitting at Mr. Shehata's clinic waiting to get intralipids. This time I did not mean to get pregnant. I had sex once! Just once during the cycle and it was a wham, bam, thank you ma'am? And here I am pregnant. I wasn't meant to get pregnant until I started the treatment of prednisolone. I started taking Plaquenil (antimallarial drug) that calms my hyper active immune system. Happens that I have nigh NK cells! They were the culprit of my Mmcs. As I got pregnant before starting the full treatment, there is only a 60% chance to save this pregnancy. So I am waiting to get an intralipid infusion to try and calm my NK cells. Hopefully we can save this pregnancy... If not, now I know that i stand a much better chance to carry to term next time. I am happy and hopeful but also aware that it may not happen. But I won't give up. Have come this far... Too far to give up now. Watch this space. I am writing from my mobile so ignore typos lol... Will write more when I get access to my computer.

did you BD on ovulation day? Had you started on your DHEA, if so, how much were you taking?

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... nice to be back and see you guys!! yes, I did BD on my ovulation day but I insist, it was a quicky lolol... it was done for the hell of it. You know, when I was trying to conceive, I would lay there with my butt up the air for like 20 minutes after BD, used preseed, did ovulation charts, temp charts, chinese acupuncture, the lot!!! Nothing, not a sausage! And this time, I know it was day 14 of my cycle, that is all I knew and it wasn't even all that fun lol... it was just cuz I could lol... and... bang! :bfp:!!! I did 25mg 3 times a day but this stuff was heavy duty cuz I could not hack 3 tablets a day! It gave me horrible headaches after like 3 weeks... I put up with them but then my blood pressure shut up so I did only 2... then reduced it to one, then I stopped altogether! I resumed after 3 weeks again but... the beauty of it is that it takes 3 months for those eggs to be ovulated... so this cycle it has been 10 weeks since I first started so fingers crossed, this one is a good egg!!! How are you? xx

That's brill.....the whole timed BDing Is exhausting isn't it and messing around with pillows, thermometers, preseed and charts. My DH will only be able to BD 2 days before O and 1 day after O next cycle so I'm thinking of not bothering with all the temping, opks etc I started taking DHEA after reading both yours and notrustys stories but I'm doing 7keto DHEA and only taking 25mg as like you I was reacting to anything more. I've been taking it since mid jan so hopefully it will do something and I've been doing acu and Chinese herbs since before Xmas. I'm feeling positive I will get pregnant but I'm just tired of it all.... It's bloody hard work!!! Your news has made me very happy:flower:

DHEA keto does not work the same way I have read!!! Just have fun and do it spontaneously, it obviously works even with Old ladies like me do it! hahaha... try investing in a good DHEA, money well spent! Try the one I took... cant think of the name at the moment... Fertinatal! Baby dust to you! and thanks for being happy for me! xxx

Congrats Happy! Happy for Happy!! :winkwink: hope its a sticky healthy bean for you :D

DHEA keto does not work the same way I have read!!! Just have fun and do it spontaneously, it obviously works even with Old ladies like me do it! hahaha... try investing in a good DHEA, money well spent! Try the one I took... cant think of the name at the moment... Fertinatal! Baby dust to you! and thanks for being happy for me! xxx

thanks - i have read different things re 7-keto and the regular stuff - i have both so will give the regular stuff a try and see how i get on. x x

These meds are driving me crazy. I got an itchy rash, funny bumps on the palm of my hands, and I can't sleep well. I was told by Mr. Shehata that I wasn't going to sleep well at night. But thank God the prednisolone (steroid) is only for 12 weeks, and as I am 4 weeks now, I only have to put with it for 8 more. I have a good feeling about this baby and I wanna be happy I am pregnant. I was initially scared but I came to the conclusion that what is the point of anticipating something bad, best anticipate something good and enjoy each day as it comes. I would love very much for you ladies to help me name my baby! If it is a girl these are my choices: Elizabeth (the original dream I had about the baby being a girl, having pale white skin, grey eyes and strawberry lips, like snow white, don't ask me how as I am mediterranean looking, tanned skin, jet black hair and very dark eyes) Or Trinity, Destiny, Hope, Faith, Esmeralda, Anastacia... and Seven of Nine (I know I am crazy lol, like the women in star trek voyager jajaja) if it is a boy... Salvador (which means savior) Levi, Sebastian... Oh only have 3 boy's names. Didn't realize that! I am going to enjoy this all I can. Come ride with me ladies! xx

Elizabeth is a WONDERFUL name :winkwink:

42...will be 43 this year
AMH 0.99
FSH 8.3
that was when I last tested which was September?

Elizabeth is a WONDERFUL name :winkwink:

42...will be 43 this year
AMH 0.99
FSH 8.3
that was when I last tested which was September?

I have read that DHEA can help with your AMH... but some ladies have conceived with AMH lower than yours. FSH is good though... what have you tried so far? Have you any kids?

I have a 22 year old LOL

Well I just need my eggs to be good. Also was told I may have some immunology issues so we did a medicated IUI Cycle with steroids and Intralipids... will do one last one next month again (if needed LOL)

I did start the DHEA and I'm on CoQ10, B6, B12 shots, Folic acid, prenatals, fish oil, resveratrol and started on Ova Boost last month too... so FXd!

I have a 22 year old LOL

Well I just need my eggs to be good. Also was told I may have some immunology issues so we did a medicated IUI Cycle with steroids and Intralipids... will do one last one next month again (if needed LOL)

I did start the DHEA and I'm on CoQ10, B6, B12 shots, Folic acid, prenatals, fish oil, resveratrol and started on Ova Boost last month too... so FXd!

But why not try natural conception or clomid without having to have IUI? like for example, the protocol at the clinic is you start taking the prednisolone past ovulation. The aspirin and whatever else, you start 8 weeks in advance. If not :bfp: then you stop the steroids, and try again next cycle. How much co q10 are you taking?

I'm on 400mgs right now a day

They put me on Prednisone a little before O and the blood thinner stuff (Lovenox) is 2 days after IUI...when I am doing IUI of course. I may do that after the IUI if we don't succeed... we did 2 IVF cycles... the issues back then were my eggs I guess. Had lots ... 7 and 8 made it to day 5 but only one would pass PGD each time...got pregnant right on the first one but lost the heartbeat at 8 weeks (a trisomy that was missed on the PGD)... the second one didn't even take

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->