• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

42+ pregnant?

ah ok, thanks for the clarification...I'm slow some times hehehe

DOR=Diminished Ovarian Reserve, basically all 40+.....

Will assume that's my problem. My gynae told me once you hit 44 fertility diminishes rapidly. I was 44 on 17th January. I've all but given up. AF regular most of the time. Dared to get excited back at the beginning of Dec. AF was 9 days late. In 30 yrs that's NEVER happened before. AF due tomorrow & I can feel her coming. I think that's me done trying. I think I'm finished. I don't know what I'm feeling or how to feel. I have lost hope :(

Adele1969 My OBGYN said after 42, dramatic decline, and that's when my periods began changing. At 42.5, I started with the several days of premenstrual spotting (dark brown) -lower progesterone from poorer ovulations/less progesterone- with shorter cycles (24-26 days, down from 28), and less days/lighter bleeding during actual period. Somewhere on internet though I read you still have a couple of years of fertility from when your periods begin to shorten and you can still get preggers, as was the case w/me. So it all depends on the individual woman, how are you cycles?

Remember too my original OB was very pessimistic, saw my AMH level and said no way I'd concieve w/o donor egg. They don't know everything.....

PS We must be about same age, also born in 1969, I'll be 44 in Feb. so 44.4 yrs. when I (fingers crossed) have this baby...

I just got amnio results and I'm carrying a 100% genetically normal girl.

Adele1969 My OBGYN said after 42, dramatic decline, and that's when my periods began changing. At 42.5, I started with the several days of premenstrual spotting (dark brown) -lower progesterone from poorer ovulations/less progesterone- with shorter cycles (24-26 days, down from 28), and less days/lighter bleeding during actual period. Somewhere on internet though I read you still have a couple of years of fertility from when your periods begin to shorten and you can still get preggers, as was the case w/me. So it all depends on the individual woman, how are you cycles?

Remember too my original OB was very pessimistic, saw my AMH level and said no way I'd concieve w/o donor egg. They don't know everything.....

PS We must be about same age, also born in 1969, I'll be 44 in Feb. so 44.4 yrs. when I (fingers crossed) have this baby...

That's the nicest news I've heard for a long long time. Congratulations on such a lovely positive and fantastic result. Am so happy for you.

My cycles seem good. I don't know about all this amh fish etc stuff. I havent gad tests & think im too old to start that now. I usually ovulate day 12 it can be 13 or 14 but usually 12. Luteal phase 15 days.

I just don't think I'm strong enough to keep going. 16 months since mmc & the disappointment every month is killing me.

Hugs adele :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks very much. I feel shit looking at your signature. 10 baby angels... How do you keep going? :flower:

I have 2 great kids I should be thankful for & if I hadn't unexpectedly got pregnant in June 2011 I'd never have thought of having another one. It's become an obsession of sorts. I do think maybe I'm being selfish. I'll probably have grand kids within the next 5-10 yrs so just get on with it and stop being stupid. :dohh:

Hugs adele :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks very much. I feel shit looking at your signature. 10 baby angels... How do you keep going? :flower:

I have 2 great kids I should be thankful for & if I hadn't unexpectedly got pregnant in June 2011 I'd never have thought of having another one. It's become an obsession of sorts. I do think maybe I'm being selfish. I'll probably have grand kids within the next 5-10 yrs so just get on with it and stop being stupid. :dohh:

Hey sweetie your def not being stupid :kiss:just chasing your dreams and desires :thumbup:I'm the same Hun I got pregnant after my fourth eight years ago unexpectedly and I lost the baby and since then I've tried desperately to hold another baby in my arms ,:hugs::hugs:I'm 45 by the way and def not too old :thumbup::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:Keep going sweetie ,it can happen ,hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

congrats!

It's become an obsession of sorts. I do think maybe I'm being selfish.

I don't think you're being selfish, but I know I definitely became overly goal-oriented, fixated.

I'm one of those people who finally got a bfp when they stopped trying so hard. The month I didn't spend several hundreds of dollars for fertility meds and procedures. When I still wanted to get pregnant, but finally had to give up on needing it to be happy.

It's a super tough thing to face, though- the idea that it really might not happen.

Hugs!

Hi Canadianmum... You and I are both TTC #4. How long have you been TTC? For me, this is cycle 24. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long...

I had to pop into this thread. This is fantastic. Congrats on your healthy baby girl in there! :happydance:

I turned 42 at the end of November 2012 and I've been TTC since November of 2012. So far no luck but we were trying for a girl so I would stop BD when we got the positive OPK test. This month we aren't trying for a girl but for a BABY so we BD'd before and during our positive OPK test. In fact I'm about 1 DPO today. So.....we shall see! This will be my first cycle using Prolief creme from Arbonne (a plant based progesterone creme) and I started using the creme the day I got a positive ovulation test. Oh I hope and pray this time was IT...an October baby is just SO lovely to me and baby would be due before I turn 43!!! I have 3 biological boys and 1 adopted daughter :)

Hi Canadianmum... You and I are both TTC #4. How long have you been TTC? For me, this is cycle 24. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long...
Just 3 months, since November. AF just showed today so I'm on to cycle 4.

I fell pregnant naturally at 43 and had a healthy little girl. Goodluck to you!

That's AWESOME!! Hope I follow in your footsteps! :)

Hi,
I have a question for those who mentioned immune issues. What regime did your doctor recommend?
I also have immune conditions, so am curious:flower:
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"