44 eggs collected !!! Anyone else this many or around this many ?

Well defo no transfer for me moderate fluid in tummy ovaries 11cm each :( feeling crappy

Don't know when I'll do a FET cycle xx

Probably in 2 cycles. You don't want to transfer right now, feel better!

No I know its the safest just feel abit sad that it couldn't go ahead but prob for best anyway with all the crazy hormones that will be in my system at the moment ! X

Yeah hopefully maybe it's because it's the unknown I feel apprehensive about it ! But hopefully it successful !

What's the difference between medicated and natural ? X

Natural you have af, then start checking your ovulation. When it's positibe transfer is scheduled 5-6 days later. My re does a trigger to ensure ovulation happened and progesterone suppositories during the tww.

Medicated seems to vary clinic to clinic. Some have you so bcp and lupron before starting estrogen pills or patches or shots. After a certain number of days your estrogen and lining is checked and if it's okay you begin progesterone and transfer 5-6 days later, continuing meds up until the 12th week of pregnancy.
My clinic does medicated with starting estrogen on day 21 then continue and ultrasound and bloodwork day 14-20 after AF. Once lining and bloodwork okay start progesterone and have transfer 5-6 days later and continue meds for 12 weeks of pregnancy.

FET is really easy. I've done both. I will do natural with my last 2 because both of my medicated cycles I had great betas and the baby was developing fine but I miscarried both times. My re believes I don't respond right to the fake hormones.

Thank you for that :)

I do believe about some people don't repond well to all the extra load of hormones !

I think i mah try natural !! It's sounds a lot better ! Xx

The medicated sounds like you have to take meds for a long time urgh I would rather not do the though of tablets make me wanna vom ! Just thinking those injections caused me to be in this mess argh x

Wow what a number, when I did my Ivf they collected 29 eggs.
They fertilised 23, 18 made it to day 3 and on the day of transfer (day 5) I had 12 blastocysts. I think I had mild OHSS and I am fairly convinced that's why it failed the first time. After that we did 2 FET both were medicated. Found them a complete breeze, I injected with buserelin to suppress things from mid cycle (cycle before transfer). Once my period started I then had to start progynova on cd3, 3 tablets a day which I just had to pop under my tongue to dissolve. I also had to take 1 low dose aspirin a day. Cd 10 I had a scan to check womb lining. They then gave me a date for transfer, they also gave me a date to stop the buserelin and to start the cyclogest pessaries (2 x400mg twice a day). After the transfer I continued the progynova, aspirin and cyclogest. 1st FET failed but 2nd was successful and I stayed on the drugs until 14 weeks pregnant.

Hope all that made sense lol

Thank you hun seems everyone has had different FET protcols !

I really don't like the sounds of having to start in a different cycle down regging probaly going to do a natural cycle ! Just hope my period arrives soon so then I can arrange a follow up app !!! X

I know I"m late to this, but for any future ladies who have a high egg count I wanted to offer some hope. These were my stats:
40 eggs, 33 mature, 25 fertilized, 20 progressed to day 2, 7 made it to day 5.

I did not get OHSS, though was monitored closely for it. I was advised to start drinking electrolyte drinks and loading up on protein foods a few days before retrieval to help reduce my chances of getting OHSS. My sister, who had around the same number of eggs did end up with OHSS, but she was never told about electrolytes or protein. She worked with a different clinic and did not like her doctor.

Anyone who is at risk for OHSS, ask about electrolytes and protein to reduce your chances. I was also put on PIO verses inserts because of how many eggs were retrieved. Eventually weaned off to inserts after my baby was solidly implanted and growing well.

Thanks good to know you didn't get it even though you had so many eggs hun ,

I did drink tonnes of electrolyte drinks and protein.! But unfortunately I did develop quite bad ohss its compelty gone now but my ovaries and had too much fluid in my stomach for transfer!

However I had a lot more follocles sat there and I triggered with the hcg injection this probaly wouldn't of been as bad if it was lh trigger xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->