44, with 2 prior M/C, 5 weeks and symptoms are fading

Tina_TTC2

Reaction score
I am torn. part of me wants to call the Dr for a test to see if my fears are founded, the other part wants to wait it out, I have an ultrasound next tuesday.

If i get the HCG test and find out it's not good, i'll just stress and worry until the ultrasound anyhow. Better to still have hope up to that point.

I read that around 45 - 1 in 2 women miscarry. those are horrible odds :( at 43-44 or so, it's 1 in 2 women miscarry. or so they say. anyone on here in their 40s make it successfully past first tri???

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear that :hugs: I had very little symptoms as well. But I had my 12 week scan today and everything is ok so far and I'm 41. I would be torn as well, the waiting is sooo....looong... try to take care of yourself and get plenty of rest - thinking of you :flower:

Hi, I just had a baby at 44. Spontaneously after a failed IVF and IUI's. He is now 4.5 months old and just a delight. I turn 45 on Monday. I worried during my pregnancy and now, while I think it comes with the territory, I wish I enjoyed a little more. Enjoy....Your body knows what to do.

Hi Tina,

I am 44 and now 13 weeks coming up to 14 weeks, conceived naturally and I have had days where all my pregnancy syptoms just disappeared and then came back again.. I have now had my nuchal scan and awaiting results of my blood test.. hoping not to get a call..
Good luck and try not to stress.. easier said than done I am sure..

Hi Tina, I'm 39 and 37 weeks pregnant. I worried a lot during the first 12 weeks as well.

I know I'm not over 40 but just wanted to put your mind at rest if I can. At around 8 or 9 weeks (about the same stage as you) my breasts stopped hurting and I didn't feel so bloated. I thought for sure that was a bad sign. I didn't get it checked out but I googled everything at that stage and was getting mixed messages which didn't help with my worry levels. Thankfully everything turned out to be ok.

As Alison said as well, sometimes there are days when the symptoms seem to go and then return. My sore breasts have never returned.

Try not to worry too much (I know how hard that is) but hopefully knowing symptoms coming and going is often normal helps a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->