48 and Pregnant!

bellascar

Reaction score
image.jpg

Hi everyone, so I'm 4 months shy of my 49th birthday and my period was a no show. Thinking I was heading towards menopause I didn't think too much of it and waited for AF to show. Five days late I thought I'd better take a test, thinking it would def be neg. To my surprise a strong positive showed immediately. My hubby and I are thrilled to bits but also a little scared. I see my ob tomorrow. I have a 26 year old boy and 18 year old girl. This is my husbands first. not a planned pregnancy but thrilled.

The first test was SMU at 19dpo
The second test was weak afternoon sample at 19dpo
The digital was FMU at 20dpo.

Keeping our fingers crossed for what lies ahead!😃

Congratulations

I was 21 when my mom had my little sister. It was 26, 24, 21 and 18. So there's 18 years between the 2 youngest. It's funny because my daughter is actually 16 months older than my sister. Lol. She was my step dads first and only child too so it was exciting for them. Congratulations and best of luck to you all! 😄

How exciting! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months x

Oh wow, wishing you all the best, congrats x

Congratulations!

there's an 18 year age gap between me and my brothers too. Though my mum was 44. She also wasn't expecting to be pregnant considering her age. She actually discovered she was 20 weeks pregnant at an appointment to discuss having a hysterectomy due to her symptoms (i.e., what was actually me)

Congratulations!

there's an 18 year age gap between me and my brothers too. Though my mum was 44. She also wasn't expecting to be pregnant considering her age. She actually discovered she was 20 weeks pregnant at an appointment to discuss having a hysterectomy due to her symptoms (i.e., what was actually me)

Wow that's incredible. I'm still trying to get my head around it all but I'm very excited for my first u/s on the 8th. I'm in such denial that I took another test this afternoon and got this! image.jpg

Congratulations!

Wow that's incredible. I'm still trying to get my head around it all but I'm very excited for my first u/s on the 8th. I'm in such denial that I took another test this afternoon and got this! View attachment 857279

yup. definitely looks like a BFP! hope your ultrasound goes well.

On randoms note there is the same age gap between me and my niece as there is me and her father. and a woman at work is in her 40s/early 50s maybe, and her children are ages 27, 24, 22, and 9. all girls, with her eldest pregnant with her first child when she was with her youngest. Anythings possible when it comes to kids :p

Just want to say thankyou for all the encouraging messages. It is really wonderful to have so much support from all you wonderful ladies, so THANKYOU!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->