4cm and 50% effaced!? Whaaat?

DissySunshine

Reaction score
Quick rundown of my last few weeks:
I went in at 32 weeks with contractions and found out I was experiencing preterm labor - going from 2cm to 4cm in about 2 hours. I was given steroid shots to develop her lungs and magnesium to slow the contractions. I was sent home after 4 days of observation and being told "it could be tomorrow, or you could make it to your due date :shrug:"

Today my Dr. decided to start checking me weekly for dilation, and said that I was still 4cm, but 50% effaced and that my little lady's head was sitting "very low". I told her I had been feeling regular contractions every night for about 5hrs but they always went away and weren't very painful. She then said "it shouldn't be long now!"

I am so tired of hearing "soon" or "any day". How close could I be if I'm already basically halfway there!? Any ladies want to offer some input? I'm going crazy over here.

I wish I was in your situation! I'm still waiting for a sign that my baby boy is coming! Other than some plug loss.. NADA! We just have to be patient now.. :/ They will come soon! :)

I would willingly trade you! Mine still has a few weeks to grow. Hoping yours decides to make their entrance soon!

"shouldn't be long now", "any day now" phrases annoyed the hell out of me with DS1.

Only because I still ended up being induced at 41 weeks. I was told all conditions were favorable for me to go into labor on my own around 39 weeks.

Hopefully she cooks a bit longer but I understand the frustration. I won't know how far along I am until Thursday but as of a week ago Monday I was 80% effaced and 3cm dilated. Was told by OB that hopefully he stays put until at least next Tuesday (which will be 39 weeks according to their records).

Some women do sit at 4/5cm for weeks on end and go all way to their dd.

Probably the fact your going crazy isnt helping you out. Put it to back of your mind and get yourself all happy and relaxed. Have some fun days out or in with your family :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->