4M+ puree's

HannahGraceee

*Hanny Spammy*
Reaction score
I dont wanna start a debate about early weening but i was just wondering what kind of purees i can make for ava

today i made her carrot and parsnip and was just thinking about more ideas :thumbup:

I used to make pear, bannana, cauli & Brocolli, Corquette, carrots, sweet potato, potato x

Do you just make them the same as i made the carrot and parsnip one - it said to boil in a couple of ozs of baby formula:shrug:

Sweet Potato and Carrot

Cauliflower and Broccoli

Sweet Potato and Parsnip

I just boiled them in normal water, how i would if i was going to eat them, never used baby formula x

Thanks girls :)

Do you know how long you can frezze them aswell??? x x or is there no frezzing limit? x

Butternut squash goes with most veg ethan loved it x

I would do single things right now, not mixed until she tries everything to be sure she isn't allergic to anything so you can pinpoint what it is if she does have a reaction. But the ones we did first were potato (white and sweet), carrot, peas, green beans, avocado, banana, apple, pear, peach. Try checking out www.wholesomebabyfood.com they have all the fruits and veggies listed, what ages they can have them at, different combos that are good together, how long they can be frozen, how each should be made...lots of good info

I would freeze them and wouldnt use them after 4-6 weeks but they would be all gone by then anyway x

I'm pretty sure I've got a book with ideas in it. I'm not planning on doing purees, so I'll have a look for it. If it would be any use, I'll get it to you :)

Apple and pear

Sweet potato, carrot and parsnip (always a winner)

I found that adding parsnip to green veg like broccoli & spinach gave it some flavour as tastes horrid on its own.

Good luck!

Oh, I bought myself an Annabel Karmel book its called top 100 baby purees got lots in there i'd say worth having a look at if you're up for trying a few :D

I got the Annabel Karmel book, the compete guild from first foods to todder! Its fab and I know ebay have them at discount price! I got mine from sainsburys they had offer on them!!

xx

Elyse is just over 5 months and has had...

sweet potato - poked with a fork a zillion times then zapped in the mircowave. Cut in half, scooped out, and pureed from fresh
sugar snap peas - steamed and pureed whole, used the reserved water from steaming to help puree from fresh
apples - she gets unsweetened apple sauce with added calcium & vitamin d, bought in the individual serving sizes (Motts is the brand).. I have little containers I put them in, it lasts 3-4 days per container, and it's sold in packs of 6.
peaches - blanched, skins removed and pureed from fresh
apricots - blanched, skins removed, and pureed from fresh (these are a bit sour, mix with something else!!)
bananas - peeled and mashed really well.. not pureed or anything, from fresh ...

I introduced sweet potato and the peas separately, but after both were successfully introduced, served them mixed together and it went over well :)

To introduce fruits, I mixed them in with her cereal at first (except for apples)

I'm going to do up some carrots and broccoli for her soon. Have got green beans and beets in the freezer waiting for her. As far as fruits go I have cherries and blueberries done up for her waiting.

never heard of doing it in formula hun?? just use water, and any type of combination you desire!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->