4th HBWB attempt.

ellemonkey

Reaction score
Im due with baby #4 at the end of Feb, and again I want to push for a HB and WB.

My first was a big fat NO due to my age (18) it being my first and a recurring water infection. She was born via ventous after a 3 day induced labour at 14 days over. So no pool either, I was given an epidural at 9.5cms in case I needed a section

#2 was a wait and see, I was told maybe the entire way through my pregnancy and only given a proper answer a week before my due date. No but I could use the pool at hospital, which turned out to be a no too as it was under repair and had been for 3 weeks. He took 6 hours total, at 9cms they lost his heartbeat, i was again given a epidural and he arrived en route to theatre.

#3 I had the go ahead for a HB :happydance: only to have it taken away at 38 weeks due to just being on the fluid threashold for polyhydramnois, I actually had a scan because I was measuring 4 weeks behind and baby appeared breach, to add insult to injury the only room available was the pool room but I was not allowed to use it however I was offered baths :dohh: talk about being cruel. He was born after a long drawn out affair with lot of speeding up and after being stuck at fully dilated for 1.5 hours he arrive via forceps before the epidural took effect.

It seems its the last cm where it goes tits up for me.

Wish me luck for attempt #4

Crikey, I hope you get it this time. Think positive and read as many positive birth stories as you can (spiritual midwifery is a must) also homebirth.org have loads.
My friend had a HB at 17 but she did have a rather outspoken feminist mum haha!! I think that's rotten that they denied you a hb then told you the pool was out of use for your second!!
Good luck hun x

oh i really hope everything works out this time for you. xx

Fingers crossed you get the birth experience you want this time :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back