5:2 Diet

RachA

Reaction score
Anyone here doing the 5:2 diet?

I started on Monday and i'm on my second 'fasting' day and i am struggling lol. I seriously want something to eat. I shouldn't because i actually had a good dinner so i'm assuming it's because i'm so used to snacking in the evening.

Would love to chat and have a support thread going if there is anyone else doing this.

I gave it a try last week. I've been on a calorie controlled diet and losing 2/3/4lbs a week but didn't think it would be attainable long term whereas I thought the 5:2 diet would be. I only lost a lb so I've gone back to calorie counting as I was having more luck with that. For low calorie meals get the weight watchers soup, around 50 calories a tin, you could have 10 of them! :p I'll see what my weight loss has been like this week and I might have another 5:2 week next week xx

Thanks - i'll have a look at those.

I weighed myself for the first time since i started and i've put on a 1lb - although to be fair i only started on Monday and i didn't weigh myself then so i could of actually lost since Monday!

I definitely think the 5:2 is something that you can maintain whereas just cal counting can get a bit nightmarish.

I was proud to of got through my day yesterday and then today i've not eaten as much as i usually would as i really don't feel like it :)

Well I lost more weight this week eating 1200cals and doing the 30DS every day than I did last week alternating between 500cals and 1200cals whilst doing a 1 hour zumba workout everyday followed by 30DS. So I don't think I'm gonna bother with 5:2 as calorie counting seems to be doing the trick for me. Good luck with your diet and keep us updated with your progress :thumbup: xx

Is there any ready meals you can buy that are around the 250 calorie mark?

Tbh OP, the 5:2 diet is a horrible new scheme. I would strongly suggest you just watch your calorie intake & exercise.

Yeah people lose weight, but 1. It's mainly water weight and 2. As soon as they come off the diet they're going to gain it all back plus more.

Depriving your body 2 days a week makes your body store everything you eat next into fat. For when you starve yourself again. Listen to your body!! Good luck with whatever you want to do!

One of my FAV low-calorie ready meals is Bertolli's Shrimp, & Asparagus pasta. A serving is 215 calories and YUM!

The trouble is that i can't calorie count full time. I need to have cake each week lol. I can calorie count if it's just short term the literally the minute i stop and have a week of eating normally then i put all the weight back on.
My plan with the 5:2 is that i would just maintain that from now on rather than do it for a time and then stop once i've lost enough weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->