5-6 dpo no symptoms...how to stay hopeful?

Solene

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

This is my first day as a member of the forum, and I'm really excited to be able to exchange with you all (and not just lurk!)

I've been TTC for 3 months, and I'm hoping this month it'll work! I'm 34, have 25-26 day cycles, and have never taken any sort of hormonal BC in my life. We are TTC #1.

I haven't noticed any symptoms yet (I'm 5-6 dpo), so I'm not really hopeful. Since O, I've been quite dry, BBs are the same as always, not overly tired or anything of the sort.

Any words of encouragement so that I can stay a bit hopeful before testing at the end of next week? (soooo far away!!)

Have a great day!

I had nothing at 5-6dpo. Then some hot flashes and I was more tired than usual but I was sleeping badly. I could easily have totally explained away what little I did have - then bfp at 10dpo.

Last time I didn't have anything either, just realised I hadn't had a period for a while and tested. And bearing in mind that was my third pregnancy, you would think I'd have noticed!

You can easily have every symptom in the book and still end up with bfn. Or feel nothing at all and get a positive.

:dust:

:hi: Welcome!!
I am 7dpo and nothing yet! I don't think I had anything at this point with my other pregnancies. I got a BFN with my daughter at 9dpo then a BFP at 11dpo so I wouldn't worry yet!

What day are you going to test? I usually have 26 day cycles too, I've counted ov as CD14 as my cycles have been a bit all over the place recently so I could be 8dpo.

Are you charting or temping?

I had nothing at 5-6dpo. Then some hot flashes and I was more tired than usual but I was sleeping badly. I could easily have totally explained away what little I did have - then bfp at 10dpo.

Last time I didn't have anything either, just realised I hadn't had a period for a while and tested. And bearing in mind that was my third pregnancy, you would think I'd have noticed!

You can easily have every symptom in the book and still end up with bfn. Or feel nothing at all and get a positive.

:dust:

10dpo! Wow! That's awesome! Since I've never been pregnant before, I have nothing to go on (except others' experiences), so it's hard to know what's "normal" for me!

:hi: Welcome!!
I am 7dpo and nothing yet! I don't think I had anything at this point with my other pregnancies. I got a BFN with my daughter at 9dpo then a BFP at 11dpo so I wouldn't worry yet!

What day are you going to test? I usually have 26 day cycles too, I've counted ov as CD14 as my cycles have been a bit all over the place recently so I could be 8dpo.

Are you charting or temping?

No charting or temping (yet), but I have used ovulation sticks. My cycles are super regular, and I'm sure I ovulated on CD12 or 13. I'm going to try and hold out til 12dpo (so next Thursday), but it's hard not telling myself that I'm already out because shouldn't I feel something?? lol

Nah I don't think so. I was quite late when I found out I was pregnant with my son and I had no symptoms! Fingers crossed this is your month!

Hey Solene I am also 5 dpo and have 26 day cycles. I'm not having much for symptoms either. But I dont think symptoms in the tww really mean a whole lot!

Hey Solene I am also 5 dpo and have 26 day cycles. I'm not having much for symptoms either. But I dont think symptoms in the tww really mean a whole lot!

That's awesome we have the same cycle length! I'm trying to hold out until next Thursday to test (12dpo), but I must admit that as each day passes and I feel the same (not even a twinge or anything), I'm doubtful this cycle.

We'll see!

With my first, I was over 6 weeks before I felt anything, felt like I always do. If I hadn't been charting I never would of even known that AF was late (each cycle varies in lenght). As it happened I was being tested for a thyroid problem and they did a blood hcg test at the same time (pregnancy affects the thyroid so they needed to make sure that the results weren't affected by pregnancy), so i actually found out at 11dpo. I remember thinking that something must be wrong, why didn't I feel any different? Anyway, every pregnancy is different, and at 5 or 6 dpo, you likely wouldn't of even implanted yet so you wouldn't get any symptoms at this stage... it's not over until AF shows!
Good luck!

7dpo today and still nothing much...any twinges or cramps I feel are in my head, I think. Am very impatient to be able to test next Thursday or Friday!

No symptoms at 7dpo is totally normal. Although a few women get early clues when testing early probably most dont actually get symptoms until after their BFP.

That's awesome we have the same cycle length! I'm trying to hold out until next Thursday to test (12dpo), but I must admit that as each day passes and I feel the same (not even a twinge or anything), I'm doubtful this cycle.

We'll see!

We are definitely cycle buddies as I'm 7 dpo today too! I'm not planning to test at all this month until AF is late! I had one cycle where I waited for AF to show and I found that way easier to handle. So that's my plan for future cycles!

As for symptoms, I'm not really having any either... unless you consider excessive sneezing and a weird temp drop at 6 dpo a symptom. I think it may just be allergies, haha.

Hi Everyone!

This is my first day as a member of the forum, and I'm really excited to be able to exchange with you all (and not just lurk!)

I've been TTC for 3 months, and I'm hoping this month it'll work! I'm 34, have 25-26 day cycles, and have never taken any sort of hormonal BC in my life. We are TTC #1.

I haven't noticed any symptoms yet (I'm 5-6 dpo), so I'm not really hopeful. Since O, I've been quite dry, BBs are the same as always, not overly tired or anything of the sort.

Any words of encouragement so that I can stay a bit hopeful before testing at the end of next week? (soooo far away!!)

Have a great day!

Pump the brakes, your body doesn't even know if you're pregnant or not. With my first I didn't have any symptoms at all until 6 weeks. After breastfeeding for two years and trying again, I have every symptom known to man and some known to capuchin monkeys every months. Don't worry, mama, hang in there!!

Hey there cycle twin! Sitting at 9 dpo here, still not having much for symptoms other than excessive sneezing (haha, I read that its a real symptom!). How are things on your end?

AF due today (14dpo), and BFN for the past 3 days. Still no symptoms, so I'm just going to wait around this weekend for the witch to show!

(but haven't had any AF symptoms either...it's like my reproductive system has been on hold for 2 weeks...no symptoms of anything!)

That's about my plan too. AF due tomorrow. I'm sure she'll show as already spotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->