5 week u/s and no gestational sac.. Details included.

BeccaBurton

Reaction score
I found out I was pregnant via home pregnancy test on 3/27. First I took an equate brand (blue dye) and it was faint so
I didn't believe it. I went and got FRER the same day and got a faint positive, neg of CB digi. On 3/28 my FRER was slightly darker so I went te the health department to confirm. After 3 min there was no visible line (I saw a faaaaaint line) but after 5 mom there was a VERY faint line, so she called it positive. My FRER continued to get darker and as dark as the control line by 3/31. Now.. To my LMP, they have been messed up the last 2 months. They are normally 32-34 days and around 8-10 days of bleeding. My January period started on 1/19 I didn't stop bleeding until CD 32 (2/19). I started my February period on 2/25 making my January cycle 37 days long. My period lasted in February until CD 19 (3/15). If I were to have had my regular cycle of 32-34 days I would have ovulated around the 17th, CD 21. However I'm not positive I did.. I did have some alight ovary pain around this time. I got my faint positives
Starting 12 days only AFTER my bleeding stopped... Maybe 10DPO. Fast forward.. If you go by my ovulation and longer cycles I would be around 5 weeks and 1 day today. Yesterday I had some cramping, NO bleeding. I called my OB after hours and he suggested I go to the ER. The ER would not listen to my longer periods and based my pregnancy off my LMP and a normal 28 day cycle.. Making them think I was 5 weeks 6 days... They did an ultrasound and didn't see anything in my uterus except thickened lining. They seen what they "think" is the corpus luteum on my right ovary. My beta HCG was 824 which they said was low for 5+6.. But
I KNOW I could only be 5 weeks at the most. Do you always see a sac at this stage? And do you think my beta is too low for 5 weeks?

I insisted on March 17th. I am 5 weeks 1 day. My beta yesterday was in the 800s(they didn't give me the exact number) And they did an us. They think they saw a gestational sac.it measured 3mm which is normal for 5 weeks. But just to clarify. In my notes it says fluid filed sac.

They didn't see anything at five weeks for me. Then at six we saw baby and heart beat! Don't worry babe I know its hard not to considering I worry about everything.

Thanks ladies! I'm at te doctor now getting repeat levels drawn and will find out when my next ultrasound is! I just pray this is a sticky bean!!

Well my doc wanted a full 48 hours between the 2 draws so I had it done this Morning. I go back to the doc tomorrow at 9:30am to get results! I'm sooooo nervous. do you guys remember what your levels where at 5 weeks? Is 824 low?

I dont think they can with levels under 2000? I might be wrong. I know levels have to be a certain number for them to be able to see anything on us though so I would try not to worry :hugs:

dont worry hun they can't see anything at 5 weeks go back in 10 to 14day and you will see heartbeat xxx good luck sweets sure everthing is fine xxx

I went for my first scan on Tuesday at what I should of been 6+6 but by my ultrasound they only dated me 5+1 they saw a yolk sac and hb x

At 4 weeks 6 days I was at 1622. That went from 243 to 1622 in three days! So, mine was A huge jump. Here's the thing. hCG numbers drawn once on their own never really determine anything. You can be 500 and still be "normal". It's the doubling in the 48 hours. So! If you're close to 1600 on the next draw. Chances are, it's okay. I also did an ultrasound at 4 weeks 6 days. There was nothing! Which my OB said is more than normal. Usually they want to see your hormones at 1800-3000 to see anything in US. Even then. If you're someone with high hormones, like me. Then you still wouldn't see it! When I went in at 5 weeks 1 day (two days later) you could see what looked like the beginning of two little sacs :) we couldn't see the yolk, but that's normal in this stage. So! Point is. Don't stress. This is all normal. You're early. Enjoy being pregnant!

I got my second beta... My hormones didn't double :-( they went up 64%... From 820-1279.... I'm doubting this is a viable pregnancy now :-(

But there still going up that's better then going down. I wouldn't give up. Lots of sticky dust xx

They only need to increase at least 60% every 48-72 hours so your still ok!

That's what maaaaany people have told me!!!!! I didn't get to talk to my actual doctor, only my nurse! I guess I will find out Thursday when I have my repeat scan! I should be around 6 weeks 3 days then! I hope it's a good sign that I have had no bleeding or anything since my last period!!

That's what maaaaany people have told me!!!!! I didn't get to talk to my actual doctor, only my nurse! I guess I will find out Thursday when I have my repeat scan! I should be around 6 weeks 3 days then! I hope it's a good sign that I have had no bleeding or anything since my last period!!

I hope you get to see something more promising on your next scan :thumbup:

My profile pic is our lil bean at 6wks 5days we seen heart beating away. All the best. x

Soooo I had my scan! and the reasons little wasn't showing is I was actually only a little over 3 weeks at the time of the last ultrasound!! We seen. Gestational sac and yolk sac Thursday and I was measuring 5 weeks 2 days. I got Monday to see if we can see baby. I'm so nervous. As my levels have still not started to double. But they are arill increasing. Hopefully it's just my body and baby is ok.

Congrats!!! That's a good sign! We should be nervous buddies. I'm kinda in the same boat. I got on Tuesday to see if we can see the baby.... Or at lease the fetal pole. I know how nerve racking it can be!

Hi Ladies, can i please jump into this conversation?

I had my first beta two days ago which was 809, 4 weeks pregnant exactly. They did an ultrasound because i got a bfp on day 8 after ovulation and they thought maybe i had my dates wrong. According to my dates i should be 4 weeks 3 days today. they couldnt see anything on ultrasound but its obviously early ...

But today has freaked me out. I came for my second beta today and it was only 1224. So it hadn't doubled.

Does it make a difference what time of the day they take blood? my first was in the afternoon and todays was 10am.

Anyway they have kept me in hospital because of my level not doubling! I'm really hoping that this is just an overcautious doctor! should i be worried that this maybe an ectopic? The doctor said hcg not doubling can be a sign.

The fact that it wasn't 48 hours will make a difference hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->