5 week u/s and no gestational sac.. Details included.

Hi Ladies, can i please jump into this conversation?

I had my first beta two days ago which was 809, 4 weeks pregnant exactly. They did an ultrasound because i got a bfp on day 8 after ovulation and they thought maybe i had my dates wrong. According to my dates i should be 4 weeks 3 days today. they couldnt see anything on ultrasound but its obviously early ...

But today has freaked me out. I came for my second beta today and it was only 1224. So it hadn't doubled.

Does it make a difference what time of the day they take blood? my first was in the afternoon and todays was 10am.

Anyway they have kept me in hospital because of my level not doubling! I'm really hoping that this is just an overcautious doctor! should i be worried that this maybe an ectopic? The doctor said hcg not doubling can be a sign.

Yes. This can be a sign.... Ectopic has a history of not doubling in the 48 hour window. It doesn't matter so much about the time of day. That's the bad news! The good news is that you're still SO early. Some women don't double, and go on to have really healthy babies! It's not dropping so that's good! Are you having pain? I know it's really hard not to stress. I have been a nervous wreck this whole pregnancy. I try to remind myself that I'm not in control of any of this.

My levels did the same thing and do far my pregnancy is progressing. We didn't see much more today but the yolk and GS was bigger. I go back in 2 weeks. My doc told me today that as long as your levels increase at about 60% it's normal and it can take a full 72 hours for them to double. Yours went up about 60%...my doc also said he feels my pregnancy is perfect... I wouldn't worry so early! Your levels have to be 1000-2000 to see a sac in the uterus. I seen mine when my levels were 2800 on Thursday.

Nope nothing at all barley a thickened uterus. And my hcg was 131

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->