5 weeks, 4 days - bleeding

Dani88

Reaction score
I am 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant today and last night I started bleeding... enough to cover a liner after a couple hours... light red/pink -brownish... today it's been off and on but last time I went to the bathroom it was dark red, not bright, but more burgundy. I was also cramping a bit last night... when I took a deep breath there was a sharp pain in my left side below my rib-cage. Cramping has subsided for now.

I went to the hospital last night and BETA was 4962... 10 days ago it was 119. They said everything appeared to be okay and to rest and come back if the cramping and/or bleeding got worse.

Is this normal? I am terrified I am going to have a miscarriage. Has anyone else experienced this?

I put yournumbers in a doubling calculator and it says your numbers are doubling every 43 hours which is awesome! Just perfect. Bleeding is sooooo worrisome. But just calm down hopefullyeverything will be ok. Have they scheduled you for an ultrasound?

I agree. They should do a follow up ultrasound sometime next week though. Did they do an ultrasound at the ER? Because they really should have done one there as well. Bleeding can be normal, but bleeding plus intense pain is when you really need to keep on top of it. Definitely rest as much as you can and try not to worry. :hugs:

As scary as it is, it happens to a lot of women. I bled my entire pregnancy with my last baby, and I carried to term.

Thanks guys. I feel a bit better. They did do an ultrasound at the hospital. The doctor said he could only see the gestational sac, but said that was normal for 5 weeks, 3 days. My ultrasound with the fertility clinic is at 7 weeks, which is December 5th. I am off this Monday (6 weeks)... should I ask if I can do an ultrasound that day or just wait the week?

It depends. 5w6d you could see something more but there is no guarantee. If it was between that day and your weeks, I say wait it out unless you have more bleeding/pain. But I'm not a doctor so maybe call your gyn on Monday and she what she says she wants you to do.

At 6 weeks you can see a little more, although it's not a lot. At 6w with DD and this pregnancy we were able to see our little pea. It doesn't hurt to call your doctor and ask if they would do another u/s if you're still bleeding and having pain.

Plenty of women bleed during pregnancy and carry to full term. With DD I had spotting, with this pregnancy I have a hemorrhage they picked up on u/s at 6 weeks and the dr told me my body with either absorb it or I might bleed it out. So bleeding isn't always bad news. Best of luck hun!

I had bleeding around the same time with my second baby. Hope everything is OK hun :hugs:

Update: I was spotting brown and pink enough to fill a light liner every hour or two ever since Thursday night up until last night when I started gushing out blood... it was bright red to dark red with clots... worse than my worst day of my period. Soaked a heavy pad in less than 20 minutes. I went to the hospital and the doctor could still only see the sac at 6 weeks and 1 day and he said that wasn't normal. Also he said my HCG was low at only 12,000... it was 5,000 on Thursday night... should be more like 30,000 he said. He told me I am probably having a miscarriage.

I'm so sorry. Unfortunately, it does sound like your doctor is correct. At 6w1 plus the bleeding plus only a little more than doubling in 5 days, that is not an ideal combination. Big hugs. We are here if you need us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->