5 weeks and counting!

1st-time-mum

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm just over 5 weeks. My partner and I have agreed not to tell anyone until the 1st scan but I'm dying to talk about it! My due date is 16th January and I'd love to talk to anyone especially those at a similar stage.

Jen x

Welcome! :)

I'm due on the 16th too. :)

We aren't telling anyone untill we get past the 12 weeks mark, so it's great being able to come on here and chat!

I got so excited when I read your post! Somehow meeting someone due on the same day makes it all seem more real!

How have you been feeling? Any morning sickness? I'm just very very tired! I managed to get cystitis and had a three day course of antibiotics and was sure I would lose the pregnancy but fingers crossed everything is still ok.

Were you trying for very long? I fell on our first attempt! We're still really shocked!

Are you finding it hard not telling anyone? I'm desperate to tell my mum and a couple of times its been on the tip of my tougue but I've managed to keep schtum!

I'd love to keep in touch with you... I'm very new to this...I've never even used an online forum before so I'm figuring it out as I go along!

Jen x

Hi and congrats! I'm new to this board myself, and also pregnant for the first time - due on January 20. (That's my best guess, anyhow.)

Be sure to say hello and post your due date on the January Garnets thread over on the First Trimester board, and Kota will add your due date!
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/130549-official-january-garnets-due-dates.html

Hubby and I have told our immediate family - parents, his brother, my sister. We probably won't tell any other family or friends until 8 weeks or so, and then just close friends. I figure I won't tell my boss until at least 12 weeks. I find it REALLY hard not to tell. When someone is like, "What's new?" it's very hard for me to say, "Uhh... nothing?" ;)

Hi and thanks for the reply,

I'm dying to tell my mum! Even just I can ask if everything I'm feeling is normal. I've been feeling really emotional. On the verge of tears all the time! I'm scared if I tell anyone I'll jinx it and lose the pregnancy. Silly I know.

How long were you trying for? We fell on our first attempt and my partner is still in shock!

Jen x

Hi! I'm due January 25th! We aren't telling anyone yet either. It is sooo hard to not talk about it...and we've only known for 3 days! This will be our 2nd. We didn't have any trouble getting pregnant with our son...but have been trying for 2 years, and miscarried in August 2007. I hope I can carry this baby full term!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->