5 weeks but test line isn't darker than control

Iri3hwhisky

Reaction score
I know I'm probably being paranoid, but I'm 5 weeks 1 day today and I took a test (I know) just to make sure the line is still dark because I STILL don't feel pregnant. I've seen women all over the internet posting their 5 week tests and their test line is a lot darker than the control. Is it normal for that not to be the case sometimes even at 5 weeks? Just a little worried.

20201028_094624.jpg

Have you tried diluting your pee with water? Could be the hook effect. It happened with me and when I tested using 50/50 water and pee the test like took the dye from the control line. I’m sure all is well, good luck!

Am the same only symptom I have is tender boobs evey now and then and more discharge than normal am 5 weeks today giving me bad anxiety I know how you feel :(

Thanks ladies. I just thought the hook effect didn't start until later in the pregnancy. I'm tempted to go grab another test. I have a problem obviously. It's just really scary. That test was about a 45 min/1 hr hold not that it probably matters at this point. Why is pregnancy so scary!? I have my first OB appt on the 24th so I'm trying to stay positive.

Then i read something about it being tied to twins sometimes and my mother is a twin so. But I feel like I'd feel worse in this pregnancy if it were twins. Lol

Then i read something about it being tied to twins sometimes and my mother is a twin so. But I feel like I'd feel worse in this pregnancy if it were twins. Lol
I am the same with the chance of twins I had clomid with this baby and twins run though both side of my family

I only ever got a test line as dark as control with a frer that early- cheapies it was more like 6 weeks or later. Your test looks awesome congratulations!

I only ever got a test line as dark as control with a frer that early- cheapies it was more like 6 weeks or later. Your test looks awesome congratulations!
Thank you!!! I appreciate it. I feel like I've lost my mind. Ha

As long as there are two lines, youre pregnant. The intensity of the lines is NOT an indication of anything.

As long as there are two lines, youre pregnant. The intensity of the lines is NOT an indication of anything.
Thank you! I guess it's just hard to not compare my experience with others. I know everyone is different. Thanks for the reassurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->