5 weeks - couple of questions

Lisa2701

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm 5+1 weeks today. My DS is ten years old at the end of this month so it's been a LONG time since I was last pregnant and I can't remember what happened with him etc.

I'm wondering when others got fitted for a maternity bra? My chest is absolutely and utterly killing me and my current bras aren't very comfortable at the moment so I'm thinking I may have to get a maternity bra sooner rather than later but I feel I should be waiting at least till around 8 weeks ish. What did others do?

Also, I feel like I have constant pressure on my bladder. It seems way too early for this to be due to baby but its just like a constant pressure and I can't lie on my stomach in bed or anything because if I do I end up needing the toilet and its uncomfortable. Is this something to be concerned about? I know here can be bloating at this stage, I'm no size 8 so I can't say I've noticed it but could it just be bloating causing the pressure?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I don't know anything about maternity bras...and I am 5w+1 just like you! My boobs haven't grown much yet. They do seem to be getting harder though.

As for the pressure...I had/have that too. It comes and goes but I had a few days in week 4 where it was really uncomfortable. I had it again a little bit yesterday.

I don't know anything about maternity bras...and I am 5w+1 just like you! My boobs haven't grown much yet. They do seem to be getting harder though.

As for the pressure...I had/have that too. It comes and goes but I had a few days in week 4 where it was really uncomfortable. I had it again a little bit yesterday.

Congratulations!

Yeah I don't think my boob have grown much, although DH did comment that they looked bigger a couple of days ago but they do feel different and VERY painful!

I have the pressure pretty constantly, can be quite uncomfortable when wearing things like jeans or lying on my stomach. Also have occasional sharp pains to my right hand side but I believe they are normal stretching pains?

I didn't wear a maternity bra at all in my first pregnancy, I was fitted for nursing bra's when I was about 37 weeks & just wore those.

Your uterus will already be growing & it starts pushing up on your bladder from quite early on. I am 6 weeks & have days where I need to use the bathroom all the time & days when I don't!

I was never fitting for maternity bras. I am about to order a regular bra in a larger cup size though, I'm busting out of the tops of mine. My boobs have not changed much, just slightly bigger.

First trimester was the same for me. Before I knew I was pregnant I was getting terrible back pain from sleeping and couldn't figure out what it was. I think that went on till I was about 8-10 weeks or so then it went away. I also found that I had to pee a lot more in the first trimester than I do now... so, I think everything you described is normal.

I'm also still wearing my normal bras.

I am 7 weeks and I'm peeing like it's going out of fashion, I don't remember weeing this much last time. My boobs have also grown already, managing to get a bit more life out of my current bras by using extenders at the back. :blush:

I've been wearing sports bras when my boobs are really bothering me. It seems to help a lot. I've also had to start wearing a bra to bed, which kind of sucks.

My boobs got sore and grew a lot really quickly. I spent a few days wearing a sports bra and sleeping with ice packs before I gave in and got a new bra. I went up a full cup size already.
I also normally wear non-underwire but had to switch to underwire because I really needed the support (which is odd because I know maternity bras are usually non-underwire...). I also needed thicker padding than I usually get due to my nipples being effect 24/7.
I only got one for now and I just rinse the armpit part only at night and hang to dry while I sleep. I know I will grow out of this one soon too so saving my money for the next set.

Thank you for all your replies ladies. Like most of you my best friend never ever got maternity bras she just bought larger bras. My cup size is still ok but I'm finding the back is getting tight although I've actually lost weight since finding out I was pregnant so that's a bit odd. My main issue is my boobs, in particular my nipples are pretty excruciating!! Like Mintastic said my nipples are pretty much errect 24-7 and SORE!! My poor hubby who is very much a boob man has been well warned to stay away from them, I don't think I could hold myself accountable for my reaction if he touched them :haha:

Try the genie bras. They are pretty cheap at Walmart and they have worked wonders for me since my first pregnancy and I still wear them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->