5 weeks pregnant and EXHAUSTED!

Laura27

Reaction score
Seriously...I'm struggling to stay awake at work and it's barely lunchtime! Anyone have any tips on how to combat the tiredness enough to just get through the day until I can collapse into bed after work?! :dohh:

I am exactly the same! I work from home (childminder) so it's even worse cause I'm so close to my bed but just can't get in it! But then I can't sleep!!! Typical lol! All I do is just try and keep my mind and hands busy to stop myself from falling asleep mid activity lol! The kids wonder why I'm so forgetful, it's cause I'm so tired!!! Lol!!!

I am in the same boat, girl. And add on to that not sleeping last night. Terrible back pain! I could not get comfortable.
As of right now, I am just sipping my large coffee and hoping that does it?

Thanks girls. BoobsMcGee I feel like maybe that's half my problem, coming off caffeine!

Maybe a latte this afternoon just to make it through!!

I have cut down my caffeine, but I can't quit it all together. I won't be able to function on mornings like this!

I'm so exhausted I'm finding it hard to move. And I'm not sleeping more than a cpl hours at a time so that's not helping. I haven't had caffeine for months and don't want to start now so I will stay awake. Just resting and taking it easy while I can and trying to exercise more and hope that helps.

I honestly think I need to exercise! I need to get my tired booty over to the gym and at least walk on the treadmill for a while. Coffee is not doing it (especially in the lower amounts) and I am not sleeping well at all.
I do find that eating crunchy things wakes up my brain a bit.

Now if I could just eat without dry heaving...

I honestly think I need to exercise! I need to get my tired booty over to the gym and at least walk on the treadmill for a while. Coffee is not doing it (especially in the lower amounts) and I am not sleeping well at all.
I do find that eating crunchy things wakes up my brain a bit.

Now if I could just eat without dry heaving...

I'm lucky with my job I can use the treadmill at work or I wouldn't have the energy to after work. I'm a nanny and have a bit over 3 hours without the boys in the mid morning after dropping them off at school so after I do laundry and dishes I hop on the treadmill in the basement. Not for long maybe half an hour (trying to increase it but I'm soooo tired). Then I walk the dog for 20 mins in early afternoon so at least 50 mins total. Slow walking, but every bit helps. I'm hoping it helps me sleep bc that is a challenge lately. Which makes the sleepiness worse.

Oh, that's very fortunate!

We have a gym at work but I never go in there. I don't like to stay late because I will get caught in horrible traffic. Maybe I will start going in there for just 20 minutes on my lunch. I guess anything helps, right? DH and I do pay for a gym membership near our house and my brother and my mom belong there as well. I intend to have a much more fit pregnancy than I did with my son. I was a dump truck when I was pregnant with him! HUGE!

Oh, that's very fortunate!

We have a gym at work but I never go in there. I don't like to stay late because I will get caught in horrible traffic. Maybe I will start going in there for just 20 minutes on my lunch. I guess anything helps, right? DH and I do pay for a gym membership near our house and my brother and my mom belong there as well. I intend to have a much more fit pregnancy than I did with my son. I was a dump truck when I was pregnant with him! HUGE!

Absolutely, every little bit helps. I lost 40lbs over the summer so I really want to keep up my fitness regime. Obviously not the diet, but eating healthy which I do pretty well. I can't exercise like I did over the summer as I injured my left heel, but walking seems ok.

I have a gym membership as well and haven't used it in months! Think I'm going to start going again after my first scan. I gained 55lbs with my daughter and it took me over a year to lose it after having her. Definitely do not want to go down that road again!

I hear that! I gained 80 lbs with my son and it took me five years to lose it. I put it back on. I was in the process of losing again with a modified diet and exercise. I was down 5 lbs at the doctor this weekend! We will see what happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->