5k 3 weeks after due date

Brunette_21

Pregnant 1st trimester
Reaction score
Hey ladies right I'm due on the 25th of April but have previously signed up for race for life in Glasgow 5k race walking jogging or running on the 22nf of May. Do you think I will be able to do it xxx

I would say that gy much depends on your level of physical fitness both pre and during pregnancy.

I couldn't have done it, but someone who was a big excersiser before pregnancy and kept up a decent level of fitness during would probably find it easy.

I think it's a hell of a lot of pressure to put on yourself though

As long as you have an uncomplicated birth you could probably walk it if you take it easy and bring plenty of water with you.

You could contact the race organizer and ask if the race track area allows for you to stop early if it turns out to be too much for you. (I know a lot of the 5ks I've done have a 1 mile point for people to bail out at)

Even if you don't run the whole thing, you should be fine to walk it!! There are so many different people doing 5K's and it will be an awesome moment in your life to have completed that with a three week old baby beating you across the finish line :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->