5w2d scan -what is the other oval/blob?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
I had a very early scan due to spotting and cramping (I have a bladder infection!). But they gave me an early scan and at first glance I just saw bubs right in the middle and the doctor said she was not very familiar with ultrasounds, but it looked like everything was where it was supposed to be (she was not a ob/gyn doctor). LOL Great....

I took a picture of the picture and was looking at it last night and noticed another blob thing. Cyst? Twin? Nothing?

What do you think? Its below and to the right of the gestational sac.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/mara16jade/More%20Pictures/Arrows_zps9a98f284.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/mara16jade/IMG_20131117_154902_zpsbbb221de.jpg

Could be anything! Did she send the report to your dr? Your dr would tell you what it was!

I have my first official prenatal appointment tomorrow, but I was spotting (and freaking out) so I went in to get checked. Never knew all that could be from a bladder infection!

But tomorrow I'll ask again and hopefully since I'll be with ob/gyn doctors and nurses, they'll be able to answer more questions for me. I just thought I saw one blob when I was there. I get home, obsess over my first scan picture and go....wait a second, what's this?? :shock: lol

Thanks for responding. Hopefully I'll find out what that is tomorrow. :)

That is outside of your uterus and nothing to worry about. Many women can see random blobs like that on their u/s. Usually it's just out of focus when the picture is taken so, you usually only see it during the appointment. I have one as well.

Thanks! I'm hoping its nothing too concerning. :)

I was really worried about ectopic so I thought maybe ....I don't know. lol Thanks for responding though. :)

Could be anything, doesn't look like it's in your uterus so it's not twins or anything to worry about regarding baby. It's probably a bit of blood, I wouldn't worry Hun x

Could it be your ovary that did the deed?

In pregnancy the corpus luteum is maintained so you can see which side you ovulated from :)

the other blob isnt in your womb its probley a large vessel x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->