5w5d scan, no yolk sac :(

Awww...I'm feeling the warm fuzzies from all your messages. Thank you :hugs:

It's reassuring to hear stories from others who have had similar scan experiences.
I'm actually really glad that this is a busy week at work. It keeps me from brooding.

The spotting has slowed considerably. My ribs are sore, but I'm guessing that's normal. The niggle in my belly is still there, but that might be normal as well.

I'll know soon, either way. I have to go to work straight after the scan on Friday, but will get on here in the evening to let you know how it went.

Fingers and toes crossed!

Lots of luck and sticky dust to you! Hope tomorrow's scan is good news xx

Following...wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow xx

Will be thinking about you today and keeping fingers crossed.

Thank you all for your lovely messages and support :hugs:

As for news, there's a little bit of both.

For the good: The little bean is growing well. We saw a lovely strong heartbeat today, and looks as it should. It's astounding what a huge difference one week makes. The thought that there's a little heartbeat already flickering away inside is amazing. We ladies are truly privileged!

Now for the not-so-great. They're concerned about the implantation site. I think I mentioned earlier that bean has implanted towards the left cornua (horn of the uterus, where the fallopian tube joins it). Depending on how far left, it can be very risky. The midwife sonographer was unwilling to give me the all-clear.
A consultant looked at my scan afterwards, and wants to scan me herself. Ergo, I have another scan booked in 10 days from now, when she will "decide what needs to be done". I unfortunately didn't get to speak to the consultant myself, only to a nurse who didn't have any more details, so I could not gauge how concerned she was.

I'll be on tenterhooks until the next scan. It's comforting to know that little bean is growing well, but I hope he/she grows more towards the uterine cavity rather than towards the horn. I'm tempted to sleep on my right, in the hope that gravity helps, but that might be a ridiculous idea :wacko:

Thank you all, again, for your support.

Hope the next 10 days go so fast but yay for a growing baba and heart beat

Oh bless you that's a bit of a double edged sword in terms of news.

Im glad that you saw a lovely strong heart beat though and I really hope the next 10 days are positive and give a good outcome.

Sorry to hear that your going through so much stress right now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"