5weeks 2days! What to expect?

mommy0610

Reaction score
Has anyone had a doctor appointment this early? I asked for 6 weeks but they gave me one for tomorrow which will make me 5w 2d. Will I even see a heart beat or anything? I know this is going to worry me going in and no heart beat even if it's to early.thanks in advance

You will probably see the gestational sac and yolk sac. It will most likely be too early to see baby or a heart beat. I saw mines HB at 6 weeks. Any earlier and I think it would have been too small to see. Good luck! :) x

Thanks I asked for a 6 week but she didn't give it to me. Maybe because I had a chemical before but now it's just stressful because the heart beat but I'm sure they will be able to tell me if it's where it's sappost to be or not in growth

Only a sac was found until 6 weeks 2 days for me hun and then we saw the yolk and what we though (but weren't 100%) was the heartbeat. I had had a scan just two days before and all that tech could find was a sac and we were trying to rule out an ectopic so I was a mess. I am purely convinced now that most of the time scans before 6-7 weeks just cause worry mostly.

I understand with a prior history (like mine) that's it's the safe thing to do but there doesn't seem to be that much to see. That being said some ladies do see more and I hope you do so you don't have to stress it! Good luck!

I agree with what pandi said. Scans that early can cause more worry than needed however is great for ruling out ectopic. I think they just want to make sure the pregnancy is where it should be so don't panic if you don't see much. Your little bean will grow very quickly and before you know it you will see the hb and he/she wiggling around. It's early days so it's ok if there's just a sac.

Thanks ladies. So if they can't see nothing they should give me another one in a week right? I know it's probably a good thing this early to make sure everything is on track but I could have waited another week just to week my worrying down!

I'm sure if they are satisfied that the pregnancy is in the right place they may arrange a follow up scan to check for progress. Going by the norm you can see the HB after 6 weeks but not always! So don't worry if you don't some ladies don't see it till 7 weeks onwards. Have you had any blood tests to check your hcg levels? Because they may check those too x

I haven't yet I figure they will tomorrow. My obgyn is 30 minutes away she has a paper so I could go get it done but I never got up there to get it before they closed I figured it would cause me to worry too so I didn't exactly try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->