5weeks preg.... first timer

bettny

Reaction score
well hiya ladies i just wanted to say hi and ask a few questions like every1 else does (cant wait till i can answer them for people :D )

so first off bit of info

im from Bristol and moved to Serbia to live with my BF about a year ago, we just found out im preg (about 5weeks from preg calculators) both really excited and have told our parents already. straight away my mum begged that i visit early so i am planing to fly home on the 6th of July for a month and sort my first Dr appointment then plus get all my records blah blah to take bk to Serbia with me.

so that's the info

here are the questions (sorry if i go on btw lol)

ok ive never been preg before so there are a few things id just like to make sure are normal (ive tried reading others posts but not finding the answers)

cramps- little annoying some times on diff sides of my stomach sometimes almost feel like my tailbone, is this normal? they are like period pains but not as strong they last anywhere from 10mins to an hour then i don't notice them for a while. if i try to sleep on my stomach (how i normally sleep ..arg) they get worse.

scans- as i would really like to have my first scan in England when does this happen ive been reading 12weeks is this right and even at 12weeks can u really see anything there or just the heart beat?

DR- do u think its ok to wait till July to contact a Dr , like my mum said some women dont find out there preg till late so will it make that much difference?

Flying- now i know u cant fly after 36weeks but was about 5weeks? i haven't found anything that says don't although still looking, any1 know any info on this?

well i think thats all the questions i can think of atm

ofc like most preg women i am worried about MC as all my friends firsts have ended that way, i read somewhere that having no morning sickness was a sign that the hormone in ur body was low and may lead to MC don't know if this is right but now im addicted to reading anything to do with preg/babies lol

anyways sorry for the essay and GL all with ur bumps

thanks in advance for any replies.

Congrats! First off; cramps like those are definitely normal and it is your uterus stretching. Can't answer about the scans in England (I am in the US), but my first scan is at 11wks. You can definitely see the baby and the heartbeat. You would be around 12 weeks in July, so it would be OK, but I would definitely start on some prenatal vitamins and make your first appointment as soon as you can.
And about flying, it should be fine during 5 weeks, good luck and don't let negativity get to you!

Remember that every pregnancy is different; not everyone will experience MS and not at the same time.
Good luck!

thanks for the reply guess im just reading alot into everything im feeling atm trying not to tell the world but finding it difficult as this is what ive wanted for many years altho kinda scary now lol
care full what u wish for i guess :D
i may have to find a Dr here altho the cost ...ouch lol
again thanks for reply xx

oo i have just thought of one more question (if the above isnt enough)
i dont really like taking pills and things so wondering any advice on nice fruits and veggies i can eat to make sure the little thing is packed full of vitamins hee hee

Hey love.. 12 weeks is a lil baby on there! Cramps are normal I still have em at 14 weeks. If the cramps come in waves or severe low back cramps call your doctor. Flying is perfectly fine. I recommend isle seat because when I had my sickness I ran to bathroom on plane lol. And I know about the prenatals they can make you sick, but they are shown to help baby a lot and even reduce childhood cancers! Check your local market as they may have what j take. It tastes just like a gummy bear (or sour gummy if you prefer) and they don't hurt. If not always remember to eat before this is crucial. And if you can take with milk a little more protein and stuff in your tummy will help from feelin Ill. :)

thanks for the advise have a look around really cant wait to see a little baby in there lol still hasn't sunk in properly i don't think. :D

Remember that every pregnancy is different; not everyone will experience MS and not at the same time.
https://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/12.lona.gifhttps://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/buddyicons/[email protected]

lol thanks u guys nice to have other people to chat to dont think ill ever stop being worried tho lol

Hello all

Well it's taken me and my gorgeous fiance a long and difficult 3 and a half yrs but FINALLY we are pregnant!!!! Soooo excited. Worked out nearly 7 weeks pregnant and already joined about a million websites for free samples and gifts lol!!!!!

So nice to hear everyone elses fabulous and exciting news.

Would be great to talk to others in the same situation and get tips and advice

Speak soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey! congratulations!!
im just over 7 weeks pregnant with my first and we werent trying :s was a bit of a surprise and was so scared at first but now im so excited!! with this being my first, i too went crazy on the internet reading about everything. im trying not to read so much and just read the book the midwife gave me if i need to know anything. i was getting paranoid that my pregnancy would end in mc and that i had a similar pain to someone that was going thru it. but i somehow cant seem to leave this site! lol. altho now i just try to read the positive threads so i dont get too down.

i knew something was weird before i found out i was pregnant, i was getting sharp shooting pains down there and now every now and then i get cramps but i think its just my uterus stretching as it hasnt ever before. i first saw my mw at 5 weeks but wish in a way i had waited longer as now i still have ages til my scan, 14th july! woop!

well good luck and try not to worry about anything! worrying makes it worse! im lucky in a way as my mum used to be a midwife and has just left being a health visitor so knows alot, im sure im annoying her already!! xx

lol damn id be annoying ur mum 2 :D wat a wealth of experience u have so close im jealous :)

ive stopped worrying...ish lol my motto in life is everything happens for a reason, if this is truly meant to be it will be no amount of worrying will change anything... ive decided to worry about flying instead as i hate it, so thats taking up most of my brain atm :D lol

BTW i love this site so much support i just cant wait for my first scan to make sure everything is ok an ofc see the little lizard on the screen just sad my better half wont get to see it as ill be in England on my own for a month.

also been making my eyes hurt reading about dual nationality as my BF is Serbian im English and we plan to have the baby here in Serbia. altho it might make it difficult to take the baby bk to England to meet my family if it needs a visa lol seems crazy and defo didnt think of it before my dad mentioned it.

but still with all that im still on cloud 9 the only thing that could make it better is if its twins rofl we always said we would want 2 children so getting it outta the way in one for be amazing but thats me wishing for 2much lol

anyways sorry for yet another essay and ty so much for the replies means loads!

GL every1!

ill be moving to germany half way thru my pregnancy and prob gonna have the baby in germany so will have to get a passport pretty quick so all the family can see the little one, i dont want to wait to long as they change so much in such a short space of time. we have skype which is something but not quite the same. thankfully no visa is needed, i would never have thought of this either had i been in your situation!! x

i just thought i have a baby im English baby will be English but ofc daddy is Serbian and its not even in the EU so visa is murder to get we havnt managed to get one in the past dont know if this would help but prob not lol thanks for the replies guys!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"